SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

3 minutes ago, shep said:

I understand the feeling, but I’m getting mine and I’m going to tailgate and have a few drinks and I’m going to cheer on the team and I’m going to be frustrated a lot, but I’m going to do it anyway.

Lots of drinks and frustrations coming in 2024. Everyone set aside a fund for UND in late 2024 to help hire a new coaching staff. 

21 minutes ago, shep said:

I understand the feeling, but I’m getting mine and I’m going to tailgate and have a few drinks and I’m going to cheer on the team and I’m going to be frustrated a lot, but I’m going to do it anyway.

I will renew both my FB and Hockey tickets. And I will support all our teams win, lose or draw. Like I always have and always will.

And unlike certain bandwagoners who have abandoned UND for NDSU because they "wanted to be a part of it", I will never pull a Benedict Arnold and switch sides.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Lots of drinks and frustrations coming in 2024. Everyone set aside a fund for UND in late 2024 to help hire a new coaching staff. 

I was thinking Bubba's contract went through 2025 so he'd be done at end of 2025 season not 2024? 

Yeah next year feels like it will be a lost year, I just hope it's not two more of this mediocre Bubba performances. An even more frustrating than normal type year next I think actually. Not sure we keep it within 20 of NDSU in Fargo this fall.  I'm sure I'll be watching and muster up some excitement for the season come August. But like death and taxes.....there will be guaranteed frustration and heartache for UND football under Bubba. 

• Upvote 2

You can tell by the tone of Bubbas response to the news he is pi$$&d about it. No thanking Danny or wishing him well. Why am I feeling like this isn’t necessarily the worst thing I mean our offense wasn’t exactly lighting it up for much of the season. And I couldn’t tell if that was the quarterback or the OC. But we didn’t push the ball  downfield. If we make a good hire, this could be alright for us, again, if we get the right guy.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

You can tell by the tone of Bubbas response to the news he is pi$$&d about it. No thanking Danny or wishing him well. Why am I feeling like this isn’t necessarily the worst thing I mean our offense wasn’t exactly lighting it up for much of the season. And I couldn’t tell if that was the quarterback or the OC. But we didn’t push the ball  downfield. If we make a good hire, this could be alright for us, again, if we get the right guy.

Where’s the video ?

And the other co OC is going to be the play caller!!  He sees the writing on the wall. Bubba is extended thru 2025, but if they fail to win a playoff game, he’s getting canned. 

Maybe that’s a good thing. They will
Fire Bubba and the entire staff, then Danny comes in and interviews as an outside candidate and gets the job!!  Boom!

28 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Pretty sad when we couldn’t match an assistant offensive card in her hand, quarterbacks coach in our own conference

Has nothing to do with matching anything.  Think more, deep pockets guy

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

And the other co OC is going to be the play caller!!  He sees the writing on the wall. Bubba is extended thru 2025, but if they fail to win a playoff game, he’s getting canned. 

Maybe that’s a good thing. They will
Fire Bubba and the entire staff, then Danny comes in and interviews as an outside candidate and gets the job!!  Boom!

That’s what I said earlier will happen

the savior will come in after a natty

1 hour ago, SooToo said:

I don't get it. If Freund doesn't have the talent to be OC, why the outrage? His move to SDSU and Schuster's to Michigan State ruin your science experiment?

Not outraged, I called it a smart move for him prior to your post.  I also called that Danny wouldn't step in as OC at Jacks, performance didn't support it.  (Co-OC/QB coach not calling plays)  I will let the dust settle and personally wish him well.  And yes, I still want to see what another QB can do for us.

5 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

That’s what I said earlier will happen

the savior will come in after a natty

if chaves is still here he won't even answer dannys call if he applies if bubba is canned next year.........if chaves goes and a new guy comes in danny is just another guy.

"larry bird isn't walking back thru those doors" pititno

Personally, I don't blame Danny one bit for this move. He left for a good program and more money. If the team has success (which they will) then he will get more opportunities. Maybe him and his wife decided they were ready to try moving around and seeing what happens. The alternative was to wait in GF for Bubba to be removed or retire and hope that he would be the next guy, with no guarantees.

I do place more blame on Chaves for letting the program get to this spot with coaching. I've acknowledged many times over that Bubba seems like a great guy and has done some nice things for this program, but if you have watch this team over the past few season, it just seems like he has consistently hit his ceiling.(If I have to continue to watch Bubba ball, then I hope I have to eat crow on that). 

Also disappointed in Bubba if he is really pissed off about the move and couldn't wish Danny well on taking an opportunity that may be best for his family. Seems tacky given the circumstances. I know Danny bleeds green, and maybe he will still come back to UND and coach again, but maybe he also saw how stagnant this program has been from a coaching, funding and leadership standpoint and decided a change was best. Who knows.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Men’s and women’s basketball deserve a non-Engelstad building. 

Blame the prick, Phil Jackson. Pretty sure he has some money he could lend to UND basketball for good cause but he hates his program and roots that got him to the promise land. Isn’t he living in Montana these days and no longer in Hollyweird aka California? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, gfhockey said:

And when the job comes open next year instead of being fired this year he will be able to apply after leading sdsu to another natty

I think I’d just keep my wagon hitched to Jimmy Rogers at that point and see where it goes.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Personally, I don't blame Danny one bit for this move. He left for a good program and more money. If the team has success (which they will) then he will get more opportunities. Maybe him and his wife decided they were ready to try moving around and seeing what happens. The alternative was to wait in GF for Bubba to be removed or retire and hope that he would be the next guy, with no guarantees.

I do place more blame on Chaves for letting the program get to this spot with coaching. I've acknowledged many times over that Bubba seems like a great guy and has done some nice things for this program, but if you have watch this team over the past few season, it just seems like he has consistently hit his ceiling.(If I have to continue to watch Bubba ball, then I hope I have to eat crow on that). 

Also disappointed in Bubba if he is really pissed off about the move and couldn't wish Danny well on taking an opportunity that may be best for his family. Seems tacky given the circumstances. I know Danny bleeds green, and maybe he will still come back to UND and coach again, but maybe he also saw how stagnant this program has been from a coaching, funding and leadership standpoint and decided a change was best. Who knows.

Chaves is a step behind with football.  He doesn't fully understand the landscape.  It would be hard to mess up the hockey program because it's premier, so even Chaves can't mess that up too bad playing checkers.  College football today is chess however, and if you are not 2-3 steps ahead you are behind.  

• Upvote 4