SiouxSports.com Forum

Drake vs UND 9/2/23

SiouxFan100

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Honestly, if the backups aren’t starting the third quarter we should be concerned.

Agreed, but from a different perspective. I don't doubt we will have the game well under control and should be playing backups ... but there have definitely been times in the past where we should get our backups some game time and the coaches just keep running the starters out. I get it is early in the season and you want them game ready, but it also seems to make sense to get those backups game experience for when injuries start popping up.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Honestly, if the backups aren’t starting the third quarter we should be concerned.

Wasn’t the concern supposed to be a 2-2 start?  

When people posted that we could go 2-2 and look better than 3-1 you called them out as accepting status quo.  

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, homer said:

Wasn’t the concern supposed to be a 2-2 start?  

When people posted that we could go 2-2 and look better than 3-1 you called them out as accepting status quo.  

Are you that numb in the head? Going 2-2 versus 3-1 never questioned whether or not UND is better than non-scholly Drake. If UND plays poorly against Drake, that’s entirely on the coaches and not the players;  no question which team has more talent.

10 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Are you that numb in the head? Going 2-2 versus 3-1 never questioned whether or not UND is better than non-scholly Drake. If UND plays poorly against Drake, that’s entirely on the coaches and not the players;  no question which team has more talent.

I’m not the one who argued with people who said exactly what you are trying to say now.  If UND plays poorly against Drake it is on the entire team.  

Stay on that ledge……

• Downvote 3

2 hours ago, homer said:

I’m not the one who argued with people who said exactly what you are trying to say now.  If UND plays poorly against Drake it is on the entire team.  

Stay on that ledge……

What am I trying to say now? My narrative has not changed. UND needs to go 3-1 to start the year in order to make noise in the playoffs. I’m steadfast on that, and I believe there’s a chance UND can beat Boise St. and/or SDSU - I’m not writing them off.

And UND is way more talented than Drake. If coaches put players in the correct positions, then it’s a blow out like it should be. 

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Idaho, who went 7-5 and made playoffs, was only up 20-14 at half over Drake last year at home.  Backups weren't starting the second half.  

Yeah, and NDSU was up 42-7 at halftime last year (2022) versus Drake. 

So is UND closer to Idaho or NDSU? Pretty obvious what the goal should be, but I also know what Bubba ball is likely to be closer to, unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Idaho would give AC a bit of a run this year, me thinks.

Not sure on that one. NDSU is a top 3 program, year in and year out. Idaho went 7-5 last year, but before that was a losing program nearly every season. I get the favoritism for Idaho by some since Luke Schleusner is the OC, but c’mon now, let’s be reasonable. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Idaho has become the "Northern Iowa" of the BSC. They're the fashionable pick. Sometimes they back it up and sometimes not. I suspect an up year this year for them. 

PS - since December 8, 2001, that's "Saint" Luke Schleusner, patron saint of one career broken tackle. ;)  :D 

Would be nice to get the “Saint” back in Kelly Green (and on the sideline).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Would be nice to get the “Saint” back in Kelly Green (and on the sideline).

What capacity do you envision that? OC under Danny? Guessing he’s gunning for a HC spot. When/if Danny gets the head gig here, I’m thinking he elevates Sam King to OC but Danny is probably still calling the shots. 

• Like 1