SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

We’re again reduced to cheering against the Bison in order to salvage our own season.  And yet, the loudest voices will proclaim NDSU a failure if they lose the semifinal or national title game and proclaim UND as the true “state champion.”  Regardless of what happens next in the playoffs, it’s now impossible to argue that UND will have had a more successful season than NDSU.  

Agreed, however wouldn't you agree that beating Moo U is a step forward. Heck I wasn't sure if I would ever see it happen again in my lifetime.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What are you guys even talking about here? You think this is a demotion? What world are you all living in?

USC is a blue blood powerhouse and is moving into a top 2 college league, they have access to 4 and 5 star recruits every year. Coaches revel in coaching at the highest level of ball they can. On top of that he’ll be making at least double what he does at ndsu. Where’s the downside for him?

I haven’t been a fan of Entz and honestly I’m happy he’s moving on, but to call this a demotion is absolutely bonkers.

Okay, I agree with you. Being a linebacker coach at at Big 10 school is more prestigious than being the head football coach at NDSU…

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Prison_Mike said:

Okay, I agree with you. Being a linebacker coach at at Big 10 school is more prestigious than being the head football coach at NDSU…

I know you meant that as a shot at NDSU, but it’s absolutely true.

A linebackers coach at a good P5 program in todays game is a significant upgrade over any head coaching job in the FCS

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

It was a HUGE step forward…promptly followed up by 3-4 backward. 

Exactly.  Some here have the tree not forest view. That win did little except excite the fan base for a week. 

#itisourSuperBowl

57 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What are you guys even talking about here? You think this is a demotion? What world are you all living in?

USC is a blue blood powerhouse and is moving into a top 2 college league, they have access to 4 and 5 star recruits every year. Coaches revel in coaching at the highest level of ball they can. On top of that he’ll be making at least double what he does at ndsu. Where’s the downside for him?

I haven’t been a fan of Entz and honestly I’m happy he’s moving on, but to call this a demotion is absolutely bonkers.

Also, Fargoohhhh, ND vs Southern Cal…

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Absolutely serious.  A position coach?

Are you completely oblivious as to what FCS football is?

Basketball analogy.

He's leaving as Coach of a team that had a chance to win another Pembina B squad Tourney...

to coach on a staff of a Varsity program in California.

One would have to be a frightening level of stupid to think this isn't a massive upgrade. 

**EDIT**

OMG I just saw some fbook comments... I should have realized how arrogant and foolish the Bi-son fans are in respect to what they think their program is..

my gawd these people breed.

Scary