SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

I’ve been in plenty of pregame speeches and almost none of them were Herb Brooks or Vince Lombardi style fire and brimstone. If you play division I football and need to be motivated by a pregame speech then you’re doing it wrong. The magic is in the weekly preparation.

No one is arguing this point. 

7 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

This is North Dakota Football in a nutshell.  I'm afraid we will never have enough talent to overcome the coaching deficiencies of Bubba and Co.  A baseline for the program is above .500 in FCS.  A very average staff can do this.  I'm afraid that is what we have.  The proof is the last decade of results.

We’re again reduced to cheering against the Bison in order to salvage our own season.  And yet, the loudest voices will scream that NDSU is a failure for losing the semifinal or national title game and proclaim UND as the true “state champion.”  Regardless of what happens next in the playoffs, it’s now impossible to argue that UND will have had a more successful season than NDSU.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, MafiaMan said:

We’re again reduced to cheering against the Bison in order to salvage our own season.  And yet, the loudest voices will proclaim NDSU a failure if they lose the semifinal or national title game and proclaim UND as the true “state champion.”  Regardless of what happens next in the playoffs, it’s now impossible to argue that UND will have had the more successful season than NDSU.  

I can't see NDSU not having the upper hand in this rivalry with the present coaching staffs in place.  Not what I want to say with my heart, but my head and logic says that is the truth at this point.