SiouxSports.com Forum

ASU to NCHC

crb1

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Allegiant flight from Fargo to Mesa....check.  Relatives living 5 minutes from Mesa airport....check.  Relatives with pool/hot tub and putting green in back yard....check.....

Gold Canyon. On a course. Endless pool with hot tub and swim-up bar. I've already called "dibs" on the guest cabana. ;) 

Did I mention the putting green by the pool? You are not allowed to move the scorpions. :crazy:

• Like 1

Adding ASU is whatever to me. Cool, welcome to the conference. However the best news out of it is that UND isn’t in a rival/pod with Omaha in terms of scheduling! Hallelujah!! I’d rather see UND play Clowntown and Duluth 4 times each season.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Dare I say Miami is on the clock? 

This may cause them to look at going somewhere that they are more competitive and with less travel. 

If we do lose Miami and go back to 8, I think it would be cool to pair UND and ASU as travel partners.  The others would be DU-CC, UMD-SCSU, and UNO-WMU.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I’m not in favor of the first place team getting a bye. I think there should be a one game playoff between 8/9 for the right to play the first place team in a 3 game series. 

I think winning the Penrose Cup as NCHC regular-season champion is worthy of some kind of reward.

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Odd number not ideal. Does this mean there will be another school added or a school will be leaving?

There could be talks behind the scenes to add another school to make it an even number.

Psst: This school may or may not be located in the Twin Cities metro area and has recently moved up to Division I. :wink:

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Ninth left out, or Eight/Nine one-game play-in. Cost wise (time and travel), ninth out makes sense. 

One gets a bye sets up a "Final Five" scenario. Plausible. But coaches don't favor. 

Yeah, my guess either first place gets a bye or last place gets left out.
The logistics of putting together and squeezing in an 8/9 play-in game the week between regular season ending and playoffs beginning doesn't sound plausible. 

27 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

There could be talks behind the scenes to add another school to make it an even number.

Psst: This school may or may not be located in the Twin Cities metro area and has recently moved up to Division I. :wink:

When do Rico's Roughnecks project for their new arena to open?

48 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This is where the alleged "puppetmaster" ( (c) SIOUXFAN97 ) named Fenton is doing work if at all on topic. 

Locking "the unnamed, recent DI, purple-wearing, Catholic university in the Twin Cities" to the NCHC helps keep them in the Summit too, with UND, DU, and UNO. That would not be a bad thing. 

I'd say the path to the NCHC is: Be a desirable school, in a demographically good location, start hockey, prove you're serious with some wins, build a rink, and petition. 

The underlined does not favor Augustana. There's access to Sioux Falls already via SDSU and USD. And SF doesn't have potential students like MSP or AZ. 

• Upvote 4

ASU was recently added to the AAU. That's a big deal to the B1G. I was wondering if that might trigger the B1G to poach some more out of the PAC, namely ASU. But if ASU is going to the NCHC I'd now guess they either go to the BXII or the PAC survives the losses of USC and UCLA. 

59 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

ASU was recently added to the AAU. That's a big deal to the B1G. I was wondering if that might trigger the B1G to poach some more out of the PAC, namely ASU. But if ASU is going to the NCHC I'd now guess they either go to the BXII or the PAC survives the losses of USC and UCLA. 

ASU and U of A are linked to Big 12 when the PAC 12 goes kaput. Larry Scott belongs in jail.