SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 NCAA Regionals

Kevin G

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

As compared to North Dakota fans busting out the Holy Cross jerseys and chants whenever they play Minnesota…it’s been 17 years, we can stop with that now, right?

I haven't brought up Holy Cross in years. And I didn't bring it up in my original post. Because it isn't relevant.

What the tweet proves is that UND is not "just another school" to them. And that is good. A rivalry like this one, with all of the history and classic moments, should not be allowed to die because of realignment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Are we that soft?  The tweet wasn't even that bad... lol.   Not even CLOSE to as low as ASU's antics after their win in Vegas!  Should have been giving us a heartfelt thanks for the opportunity and instead they rubbed our nose in their one off win.  To be honest, I would have been disappointed in the Gophers if they didn't acknowledge the circumstances of their presence in Fargo, which they did in that tweet as a direct response to how we handled the Holy Cross game, as mentioned by mafiaman. 

It's all we really have these days to keep a little bit of the rivalry going..  Anyone remember when Lucia wanted to put the rivalry on ice because it was too "intense", or whatever it was that he said?  Would hate to go back to that mindset... BORING!!!

The tweet does prove that the rivalry is not dead. That is a good thing. Now we have to clean our own mess up so we can play them in the playoffs again.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The tweet does prove that the rivalry is not dead. That is a good thing. Now we have to clean our own mess up so we can play them in the playoffs again.

The Tweet in question proves that a college junior thinks he is pretty witty.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I couldn’t care less about Minnesota’s stupid Tweet.  Meanwhile, some folks here want it put on billboards around Grand Forks to help motivate next year’s team. 

I don’t see anything wrong with the tweet either. I laughed when I read it. If we need to put a tweet on a billboard to get us fired up for a hockey game against a historic rival. We have bigger problems. I sure am the UND hockey team will be fired up to play the golden rodents. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Goon said:

I don’t see anything wrong with the tweet either. I laughed when I read it. If we need to put a tweet on a billboard to get us fired up for a hockey game against a historic rival. We have bigger problems. I sure am the UND hockey team will be fired up to play the golden rodents. 

If one of the first things Minnesota’s social media person thinks about after advancing to the Frozen Four is UND, we’ll that’s just adorable! 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

It was not well composed; brevity is key in humor. Textbook Minnesota passive aggressive too. But they earned the right to do it, just needed a few eyeballs and input before hitting send (like much of what is on social media).

It was funny. You seem to be overthinking this. 

Minnesota hockey cracking a joke about UND doing a good job hosting a tourney their team didn't qualify for is funny. End of story. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I couldn’t care less about Minnesota’s stupid Tweet.  Meanwhile, some folks here want it put on billboards around Grand Forks to help motivate next year’s team. 

You know what? If it motivates next years team, then I am all for it. The 2022-23 team lacked a sense of urgency all year. Anything that would light a fire under their collective arses is fine by me.

8 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You know what? If it motivates next years team, then I am all for it. The 2022-23 team lacked a sense of urgency all year. Anything that would light a fire under their collective arses is fine by me.

Comments posted on a fan forum isn’t going motivate any team.  If college players pay attention to stuff like this they should be back in Pee Wees. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

Comments posted on a fan forum isn’t going motivate any team.  If college players pay attention to stuff like this they should be back in Pee Wees. 

True.  But to me it would have been nice if the players actually did contemplate the year ending loss last year to Notre Dame rather than just using it as a promotional video for the Ralph before games.  At some point something needs to motivate these players, and waiting until they are too far down in the pairwise and having to win out as the only scenario doesn't inspire confidence. 

There seems to have been a level of satisfaction after last year, rather than a contemplation on how to take it a step further, as witnessed by very poor starts by a number of players, veterans included.  I am hoping this offseason is focused like the one previous, but the expectation level for this program needs to be more consistent.  It seems like the talk is there, but the actions don't always seem to follow.  

5 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

It was funny. You seem to be overthinking this. 

Minnesota hockey cracking a joke about UND doing a good job hosting a tourney their team didn't qualify for is funny. End of story. 

If/when UND ever has a chance to do the same to Minnesota, I hope UND's attempt is more "savage" as the kids say.

9 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

If/when UND ever has a chance to do the same to Minnesota, I hope UND's attempt is more "savage" as the kids say.

In 2016 Minnesota hosted and didn’t make the tournament but the Committee sent SCSU to that regional (and then they lost to Ferris State and Denver advanced) and UND went to Cincinnati. I think that’s the last time Minnesota hosted a regional. 

13 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

In 2016 Minnesota hosted and didn’t make the tournament but the Committee sent SCSU to that regional (and then they lost to Ferris State and Denver advanced) and UND went to Cincinnati. I think that’s the last time Minnesota hosted a regional. 

2024 Frozen Four at the X hosted by Goldy himself