SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 NCAA Regionals

Kevin G

8 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Didn't have the heart to tell them that Alaska and Michigan Sate would have been next in, then Notre Dame and Northeastern  but I saw one guy thought they should expand the field to 20 for us.

The “strength of schedule” element was hilarious.  Miami had 3 conference wins all season long - 1 of them against UND. Enough said.  

13 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Puts the 1 seed at a disadvantage having to play in what they will call a road atmosphere

But what if the #1 seed has to travel to a host school’s barn? Seems like the NCAA is even more against that scenario.

4 minutes ago, Dustin said:

But what if the #1 seed has to travel to a host school’s barn? Seems like the NCAA is even more against that scenario.

You mean before they were totally in favor of it?  Cough, cough, 1998, cough, cough.

• Like 1

Rank order of remaining teams, based on me "wanting" them to win the title:

1. Quinnipiac - Not a fan of Pecknold, but at least it keeps the title out of B10 and HE.
  2. Ohio St - could honestly flip OSU & PSU, first title
  3. Penn St - could honestly flip OSU & PSU, first title
  4. BU - they get their 6th, keeps title out of B10
  5. Michigan - don't want them to hit double digits first, but my hatred of UMN prevents me from putting them ahead
  6. Minnesota - I hope they get crushed and then have Cooley, Knies, LaCombe, Brodzinski, Nelson, Faber, Johnson, and Close all leave/sign (first part not very probable...second part quite probable)

Looks like it will be cheering for QU or for the building to blow up.

• Like 1