SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Sounds like an awesome recruiting violation. 

Last time I looked Jake could point a kid out to staff but not approach. Same goes for you and me. The only way someone like Jake can talk to a potential recruit is if he had a pre-existing relationship with the recruit or their family. (I knew the Frisch family before Ethan was a recruit.) 

Bottom liine: See a special player? Tell Bubs or someone in UND Athletics. 

So you’re saying all I need do to is “talk to potential recruits” and try to steer them toward the Gophers, and Minnesota hockey will be hit with recruiting violations?

Why don’t we do the same to Denver and Michigan while we’re at it!

5 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

So you’re saying all I need do to is “talk to potential recruits” and try to steer them toward the Gophers, and Minnesota hockey will be hit with recruiting violations?

If you are deemed a Minnesota "booster", yes. 

I am deemed a "North Dakota booster" because of my Champions Club membership and season tickets. 

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If you are deemed a Minnesota "booster", yes. 

I am deemed a "North Dakota booster" because of my Champions Club membership and season tickets. 

And here I thought the NODAK trademark issue was a big deal......

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Jake as fourth coach?

I can only come up with four or so better names in the first five seconds ...

Ulmer, Smaby, St Clair, Chyzyk, ... 

Ryan LaDouceur would be well slotted in this list also.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

24 and 18 in portal.

What!!!

Edit- I thought Moore was 24 there for a second :)

Constantini was a head scratcher. During his frosh season I was impressed, really impressed at times. This year he was buried a bit in the lineup and never worked his way back. I track numbers pretty closely and I’ve yet to see a free fall in production like his (that I can remember).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

is this using numbers instead of names a new thing?  i'm here alot and kinda know numbers but it's confusing?

I use numbers instead of names on Twitter because of the times when players used to search for people talking about them on Twitter. 

5 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

What!!!

Constantini was a head scratcher. During his frosh season I was impressed, really impressed at times. This year he was buried a bit in the lineup and never worked his way back. I track numbers pretty closely and I’ve yet to see a free fall in production like his (that I can remember).

I know he ended up kind of buried but they did try him in the top 6 to start the season, but it just wasn’t working for whatever reason. I don’t even think he was playing bad. I wish I knew what happened there. 

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

I know he ended up kind of buried but they did try him in the top 6 to start the season, but it just wasn’t working for whatever reason. I don’t even think he was playing bad. I wish I knew what happened there. 

To be fair there were only really 3 top 6 spots available all season. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

What!!!

He was an unexpected surprise after his freshman year, so maybe he just peaked? Got plenty of early opportunities, but lost those down the stretch. Frustrating, but it is what it is. Losing both of these two isn't a good thing, but it does not mean we cannot have a much better season next year. Opens the door for a guy like Emerson to be an early cog in the lineup. Strinden, too.

So far no huge surprises and no losses that would make me think that our team will be worse next season. 
With Bast departing, if Frisch returns, we can go to the portal for one dman to help while the young new dmen learn the NCAA ropes.