SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Sorry if what I was saying came across wrong. I'm not saying the team will for sure be worse now that he is coming back. I was just trying to bring up the point that I've seen it before where a player comes back for a Covid year and then it stunts the growth of the team but especially the growth of younger players that are looking to take that next step and step into bigger roles.

I would have liked to see Eaglestaff and Brooks take all the minutes Brady played last year and both step into bigger roles and continue to develop. I highly doubt Sather plays Brady any less or in any less of a role. That could hinder the growth of younger players. That's all I was trying to say.

I guess I think your concern is valid but if Brady isn’t providing us the best chance to win with his minutes, I believe Sather will trim his minutes. He did that with Sueker. Granted it may have taken longer than many would have liked, myself included, but it did happen. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m really interested by Bush. Partly because Markquis Nowell but this kid is also a hell of a shooter. 

73-172 from 3 last season! Definitely seems like an exciting player to watch 

Where was he at 2021-22? 2020-21 he was at McNesse State and then 22-23 at Navarro College. Can't seem to find anything about 21-22

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

The men, yes.  But why the women?  They lost a lot, in my opinion; I haven't heard of any new blood coming in, but I may have missed it, too.

Women have talent moving up from the bench. 

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Women have talent moving up from the bench. 

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Still have Kacie

Growth of Hurst and Beal

Aumer getting more minutes

great freshman class coming in

Still have two scholarships to add some size, shooting, and athleticsm 

Got it.  Thanks.  Critical to add some quality size, especially.

So with what we know today, our team looks something like this:

5 - T

4 - Deng Mayar

3 - BJ

2 - Eaglestaff

1 - Eli King?

Jalun Trent, Brady Danielson, Elijah Brooks, Brian Mathews and then the 3 freshman who I doubt will factor into anything this year.

We still have two scholarships to work with and maybe one goes Elvis Nnaji’s way if he hops on board. If he does I think he would fight Deng for that 4 spot. 

I put Eli at the starting 1 just because I would think a big part of the pitch to getting him, besides BJ and Trey, was playing time. Maybe Trent starts but either way they’re both going to be playing pretty big minutes.

I do want to say that the job the staff has done so far has been impressive. The talent coming in, immensely exceeds the talent we lost. It would be nice to find a shooter to fill Norman’s role though. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

5 - T

4 - Deng Mayar

3 - BJ

2 - Eaglestaff

1 - Eli King?

Jalun Trent, Brady Danielson, Elijah Brooks, Brian Mathews and then the 3 freshman who I doubt will factor into anything this year.

We still have two scholarships to work with and maybe one goes Elvis Nnaji’s way if he hops on board. If he does I think he would fight Deng for that 4 spot. 

I put Eli at the starting 1 just because I would think a big part of the pitch to getting him, besides BJ and Trey, was playing time. Maybe Trent starts but either way they’re both going to be playing pretty big minutes.

That looks good to me.  That's a lineup and rotation that will work, and is a loooottt of length

Two BSC teams will be on the non-conf for the next 3 years.

The important part:

This upcoming season, the challenge will take place on January 3 and 6, 2024. For the Summit League, this means the conference games originally scheduled for this week will be played before Christmas on a variety of different dates that fit each team’s schedule.

“The Summit League is excited to partner with the Big Sky and its member institutions on this innovative concept,” Fenton said. “This series will help each conference’s member schools with guaranteed non-conference games in a challenging scheduling environment. It also gives us an opportunity to creatively engage with fans, while allowing our basketball programs to enhance their resumes. We are appreciative of the Big Sky and Tom Wistrcill for the partnership.”

• Upvote 2

On 4/18/2023 at 7:45 PM, sioux24/7 said:

5 - T

4 - Deng Mayar

3 - BJ

2 - Eaglestaff

1 - Eli King?

I do want to say that the job the staff has done so far has been impressive. The talent coming in, immensely exceeds the talent we lost. It would be nice to find a shooter to fill Norman’s role though. 

With today’s news, I might slide Tyree into the starting 1 spot, assuming he gets a waiver. I think a lot of people believe King wouldn’t have came here without a guarantee he’s starting but idk. He will still get plenty of run. 

On 4/18/2023 at 7:45 PM, sioux24/7 said:

5 - T

4 - Deng Mayar

3 - BJ

2 - Eaglestaff

1 - Eli King?

Outstanding job by the staff.  This is exactly how he built his teams in the pass.  

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

With today’s news, I might slide Tyree into the starting 1 spot, assuming he gets a waiver. I think a lot of people believe King wouldn’t have came here without a guarantee he’s starting but idk. He will still get plenty of run. 

I would not be surprised if Eaglestaff comes off the bench.  He is not selfish, a team player.  He is hot off the bench, think Havlicek.  Eaglestaff is a huge team player.  The glue that holds the team together.

• Upvote 2