SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

UND-SPORTS-FAN

I think they have everyone but 1 on campus right now. (Not sure if T is on campus yet, he might be back in Georgia for a couple months.)

Just by looking at pictures, Doppler looks like he has hit the weight room pretty hard since hoops got done in March, Kraft has a good body on him as well.

Erikson and Bothun will have to really work hard in the weight room, Erikson probably more than Bothun... He really needs to change his body. Hopefully he can do that!

• Upvote 3

The best news right now, other than the schedule coming out, would be that the NCAA says:  Ihenacho can play right away next year. 

I also hope we know who is going to fill that last scholarship (I am sure some of that is tied to the uncertaintly of Ihenacho, but at some point... they need to bring someone in that could potentially help next year) 

6 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The best news right now, other than the schedule coming out, would be that the NCAA says:  Ihenacho can play right away next year. 

I also hope we know who is going to fill that last scholarship (I am sure some of that is tied to the uncertaintly of Ihenacho, but at some point... they need to bring someone in that could potentially help next year) 

I’m counting down the days until we get a video of an emotional Sather presenting Daniel Hong a scholarship in front of the entire team. I cannot wait for that!!!

Also I was told by someone on this board that they brought Eli King in to be the starting PG. Not sure why they would be in a rush to try get a All Conference caliber PG eligible immediately :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GoodGood said:

I’m counting down the days until we get a video of an emotional Sather presenting Daniel Hong a scholarship in front of the entire team. I cannot wait for that!!!

Also I was told by someone on this board that they brought Eli King in to be the starting PG. Not sure why they would be in a rush to try get a All Conference caliber PG eligible immediately :)

If this person could mean the difference to a Summit League Championship... you go for it.

In all seriousness:  I'd feel better with a eligible Ihenacho with the ball handing, which would free up UND to add one more necessary piece.  

I happy to have these conversations verses the conversations we have been having the last two offseasons. 

I suspect they won’t fill the last spot.  It’s pretty late to recruit a legitimate player and I can’t believe there are to many left still looking for a home.  I think they ride the season with 15 or 14 if Tyree isn’t eligible.  

13 minutes ago, ND1 said:

I suspect they won’t fill the last spot.  It’s pretty late to recruit a legitimate player and I can’t believe there are to many left still looking for a home.  I think they ride the season with 15 or 14 if Tyree isn’t eligible.  

Probably right, unless they find someone like Elijah Brooks. He committed 6/13/22. 

I hope they do

Maybe they can strike lightning in a bottle.

So If I had to guess starters and rotation (assume Ihenacho is a go here)

Starters:  King, Eaglestaff, Omot, Mayar, T

Bench: Ihenacho, Brooks, Brady, Amar, Mathews

That to me is a solid 10 man rotation. 

7 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I hope they do

Do you know how likely it is that Tyree will be eligible?

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Your guess is as good as mine.  It is the NCAA after all. 

Are grad transfers under different circumstances? Connor Vanover for example is transferring to a 4th school and I think it’s assumed he will be eligible next year but maybe he’s a grad transfer?

5 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

Do you know how likely it is that Tyree will be eligible?

Last I heard, a few months ago, they were assuming he wouldn't be as a worst case scenario. But thing change, and as mentioned, the NCAA will continue to make decisions without anyone really knowing how things will go.

On 6/15/2023 at 10:07 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

I hope they do

Question, why is everyone under the assumption that Sather is going to bench HIS guy Brady Danielson? Is he really going to go from a starter playing 30 minutes a game to being benched? I have a hard time believing Sather would do that to his guy.

I know Sueker got benched last year, but that was a much different situation than this one.

14 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Question, why is everyone under the assumption that Sather is going to bench HIS guy Brady Danielson? Is he really going to go from a starter playing 30 minutes a game to being benched? I have a hard time believing Sather would do that to his guy.

I know Sueker got benched last year, but that was a much different situation than this one.

I don’t believe Brady will be a 30 minute per game guy this year. Maybe I’m wrong though.

49 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

33 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

I don’t believe Brady will be a 30 minute per game guy this year. Maybe I’m wrong though.

If he shoots almost 36% from 3 and 48% from the field again this year then he probably will be a 20+ minute guy again.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

The NCAA let a guy who played professional hockey in the KHL join Maine, so if they have an ounce of consistency and logic they'll let Tyree play. But this is the NCAA we're talking about.

I'm fully conviced that the NCAA has a secret plinko board and they write the athletes name on a plinko chip, drop it, and go with whatever slot in falls in.

2 hours ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

The NCAA let a guy who played professional hockey in the KHL join Maine, so if they have an ounce of consistency and logic they'll let Tyree play. But this is the NCAA we're talking about.

Did Tyree play for the Guangdong Tigers or something? Not sure there’s any similarities here 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I'm fully conviced that the NCAA has a secret plinko board and they write the athletes name on a plinko chip, drop it, and go with whatever slot in falls in.

Can't imagine what's taking them so long to decide.  After looking at the situation, I would think it would be a simple yes or no answer, and I can't imagine how the whole process would take more than a few days.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

As you, I and others on the board have mentioned: While Omot has done well playing as an undersized 4, he would be far better suited in the 3 spot.  To me, it makes sense to transition Brady to a 20-25 minute role off of the bench and sell him on the idea of:  Go be an elite 6th man.  While he doesn't have the abrasive personality to fill this role, but filling that "pest" role off of the bench, where he hits corner 3s, take charges, hustles all the time.  

• Upvote 2