SiouxSports.com Forum

HAWKS VS red cows (FRIDAY)

iluvdebbies

21 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Is there a publisher time on ice stat?   I can see Hain/Senden being tough to play against and that being the role that is getting them ice time.  Who are the "top 6" if they went awol?

Does "being tough to play against" equal being on the ice for all 3 goals in the 3rd? IIRC

41 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I said "WTF are you doing" 5 times in the first period last night just regarding  #4.

His sense of knowing when to pinch and be aggressive is severely lacking.  The fact that it was so obvious to everyone is very telling.  A lot of times there are just subtle plays that go wrong, but Moore’s body of work or lack thereof stood out.  Bast needs to play tonight.

5 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

James' emergence is a sight for an entire fanbase's sore eyes, not to mention the Wings and their fans.

I'm in the minority but I'd rather play St Cloud in the first round. They are not playing to keep their season going like Omaha, and are struggling without their stud D who is out for the year.

Big ice....big beat down 

36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Does "being tough to play against" equal being on the ice for all 3 goals in the 3rd? IIRC

While I do think that is an outlier and we really do need more guys tough to play against, I think Berry’s loyalty sometimes is over the top.  To be honest, that is what got Gasparini in trouble at the end by sticking with two assistant coaches whose expertise was supposedly goaltending in Perry and Scanlan.  When Berry pointed out the faceoff win by Senden in overtime on the opening faceoff I was thinking of what you were talking about with them being on the ice for the goals down the stretch, and chance at an open net.

4 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

We played fairly well at the Mooch in Dinkytown. That’s the frustrating part, they have the tools to win.

They were outplayed much of the game, and DeRidder played pretty well, but I hardly think St. Cloud is unbeatable now, even on the large sheet.

2 hours ago, burd said:

The passing on the defensive side of the ice last night was a real head-shaker (this late in the season).   UNO does a good job hounding the puck, but a lot of turnovers were unforced errors.  It's not just the D-men.  When this season began, it looked like passing might be a strong suit, but that, combined with soft goaltending, has been a glaring weakness.

Extremely well said.  I can't believe how much this team tries to force the puck into places that are high risk turnover areas.

24 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

I was thinking more about next year. 

I struggle with Moore because last year he was a pleasant surprise, and with a large turnover on defense next year, we could use him to regain his form, unless of course this year is his true form.  Personally I think the whole team needs a reset in the off-season and it starts with the work ethic over the summer. Sometimes Moore has just looked apathetic on the ice, oblivious to any consequence of his lack of judgement, and that includes bad penalties.

34 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The problem is those two need a lock down center like Jammer to play with them.  They don't have that and they are a 4th line IMHO.