SiouxSports.com Forum

HAWKS VS red cows (FRIDAY)

iluvdebbies

4 minutes ago, bcblues said:

James all on his lonesome!

Think about how much experience this fellow missed out on throughout the year in favor of a mediocre transfer or fifth year Sr or whomever when he coulda been developing and producing at the same time. Very poor planning by coaches. The Sicatoka really took issue with me about a month ago on developing the younger guys, but I’ve noticed he is on board now. Likely too late but will help for next season. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, dden3 said:

Think about how much experience this fellow missed out on throughout the year in favor of a mediocre transfer or fifth year Sr or whomever when he coulda been developing and producing at the same time. Very poor planning by coaches. The Sicatoka really took issue with me about a month ago on developing the younger guys, but I’ve noticed he is on board now. Likely too late but will help for next season. 

Which mediocre transfer had his spot again? 

6 minutes ago, dden3 said:

This covid year stuff has harmed UND’s player development.  You were right, we need to develop the youth.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dden3 said:

Think about how much experience this fellow missed out on throughout the year in favor of a mediocre transfer or fifth year Sr or whomever when he coulda been developing and producing at the same time. Very poor planning by coaches.

James has played in 30 of 33 games this season and has been a mainstay on the PK for much of the season.
He has definitely gotten his fair share of ice time IMO.

Now, if we were talking about Strinden, or Bast, or Kunz, or Johnson...those guys I would agree maybe needed a bit more ice time to prepare for their expanded roles next season.

3 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

This covid year stuff has harmed UND’s player development.  You were right, we need to develop the youth.

I thought developing our younger players has been an issue long before Covid. Like how many younger skilled players that start their careers in the bottom six ever make it into our top six? And stay there consistently?

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

I’ve been skate or sit since Dean Blais introduced me to the concept.

Other Blais concept I believe is: two equal skill guys you play the younger.

I can't argue with either of those tenets.