SiouxSports.com Forum

On to Oxford. Miami for a pair.

Wilbur

42 minutes ago, Goon said:

Nothing is going to change. The refs were in such a hurry to find something on Kleven they missed an obvious, egregious, dirty kick by the Miami player. My 15-year-old daughter could've reffed this game better than these two clowns. Sterns is one of the worst officials in the league, right after Timm "Quick Whistle" Walsh. I mean seriously, WTF? It was obvious. 

Kleven and BB were baited and they took the bait. 

In completely irrelevant and nonsensical analytics Schloss tweeted UND had a lower xG than Miami last night. Second time all year UND won with a lower xG than their opponent.

So does that mean UND won when they should have? Could that mean good goaltending matters? 

I'll hang up and listen.......

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Anybody have video of the end and the kick etc.?  

I hope someone makes a gif out of it....    a child laying on his back kicking both skates skyward to ward off a monster comes to mind....  very cringeworthy, Miami and that player showed be ashamed.

Is anyone else sick of the "come here ref, need to jabber in your ear to rest my players" bs that seems to be more and more common.  Maybe I didn't notice it so much before.  I cringe at thinking more rules or changing the traditions of the game.  Perhaps a clock on time the ref spends at the dasher chatting to the coach....  Off ice starts a timer when the ref gets to to board in front of the net, starting and stopping as the game progresses, accumulate X minutes of "ear time" minor bench penalty for delay of game.  Seems like a boring afternoon, lol. 

1 hour ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Officials reviewed Hain getting hit in the head. Berry challenged the Schamltz contact to the head. Upon review did not meet the requirements for a major goal stands und charged a time out. (Love the didn’t meet the requirements for a major. The new we missed it) berry then at the risk of a delay of game penalty challenged the kicking by Miami. (Which a squirt ref shouldn’t miss). 

I am fine with it, it  kept Kleven from possibly getting suspended tonight. 

23 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

In completely irrelevant and nonsensical analytics Schloss tweeted UND had a lower xG than Miami last night. Second time all year UND won with a lower xG than their opponent.

So does that mean UND won when they should have? Could that mean good goaltending matters? 

So DeRidder plays against Western at home we win that Saturday game?

(Runs and hides)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My take on last night was that DeRidder looked very good, the team played a little better in the defensive zone (still not great), and ND finished well.   Not an overly impressive game, but a decent road win.  Goaltending and goals/shots were the differences.  Can they muster any consistency tonight? 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

We got outshot, and we lost the faceoff battle too.  FYI.   

/ducks