SiouxSports.com Forum

On to Oxford. Miami for a pair.

Wilbur

Okay.  Miami.  They've scored one more goal in their last four games than I have this year and are losers of 8 of their last ten games.  Swept recently at Denver (probably us soon too), and swept by Stu at Baxter last weekend.    

This has all the makings of a Ludvig sensational NCHC goaltender of the week Friday night performance 2-0 loss before a closed door meeting and a 6-1 win on Saturday night.

Thoughts?  Prayers?  I see a split in Ohio.     

DeRidder provided some hope vs UMD. Needs to hold form. I'm gonna say sweep. 10 hatty Friday. 19 hatty Saturday and some lobby here for bringing them back for a 6th year. 26 sits Friday then will get at least 6 minutes total ice Saturday. 6 is extra Friday due to the CBS broadcast and a commercial timeout every other whistle but sits Saturday. 29 plays one night and promptly scores. 13 plays one night and leads team in xG opportunities. 25 gets a penalty for tripping Friday.....it's reviewed and is somehow deemed contact to the head. 5 and a game. NCHC suspenion on Saturday. UND is over 50% on the PP for the series. 15 is UND's best player on the ice both nights.

4-0 3-1 UND

Did I miss anything??

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

DeRidder provided some hope vs UMD. Needs to hold form. I'm gonna say sweep. 10 hatty Friday. 19 hatty Saturday and some lobby here for bringing them back for a 6th year. 26 sits Friday then will get at least 6 minutes total ice Saturday. 6 is extra Friday due to the CBS broadcast and a commercial timeout every other whistle but sits Saturday. 29 plays one night and promptly scores. 13 plays one night and leads team in xG opportunities. 25 gets a penalty for tripping Friday.....it's reviewed and is somehow deemed contact to the head. 5 and a game. NCHC suspenion on Saturday. UND is over 50% on the PP for the series. 15 is UND's best player on the ice both nights.

4-0 3-1 UND

Did I miss anything??

You had me until the we only give up one goal thing.  

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

4-0 3-1 UND

Did I miss anything??

Miami’s goal on Saturday is scored in the opening 120 seconds.  #Mafiaman

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

4-0 3-1 UND

Did I miss anything??

< Narrator > 

The sounds you just heard were of at least a half-dozen cell phones bouncing off walls in Grand Forks and various forms of profanity preceding the name "Oxbow". 

4-0 3-1 UND

Did I miss anything??

Lets just hope after 4-0 win on Friday he doesn’t change goalies on Sat. I seem to remember him doing that in GF after  7-1 win and UND lost the Sat night game. 

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

4-0 3-1 UND

Did I miss anything??

I believe you failed to mention the excellent opportunities for 9 and 17 to move their plus/minus numbers closer to......zero

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

4-0 3-1 UND

Did I miss anything??

The lone Omaha goal occurs when all five UND skaters and the goalie do a quick huddle in the corner below the goal line, leaving all five Omaha skaters alone with the puck in front of our goal. This occurs with 3.4 seconds left in the first period. 

On a more serious note for someone much smarter than me what is the probability* of qualifying for the NCAA tournament via the Pairwise as of today? 

*a snowballs chance in h#%& isn't the answer I am looking for.

25 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

On a more serious note for someone much smarter than me what is the probability* of qualifying for the NCAA tournament via the Pairwise as of today? 

I'd say they are pretty good if they win 10 more games. Bwahahahaha. I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

31 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I think we have enough to get there, but we gotta win lol. Four against two Top 5 PWR teams (Clown, DU), a team outside of the tourney, but ahead of us (Omaha) and four must wins (CC, Miami).  I think just looking at how tight the PWR is right now, if we some how pull off 3 of 4 against DU and Clown, sweep Omaha and sweep the other two, it'd give us enough to jump. 

53 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I think we have enough to get there, but we gotta win lol. Four against two Top 5 PWR teams (Clown, DU), a team outside of the tourney, but ahead of us (Omaha) and four must wins (CC, Miami).  I think just looking at how tight the PWR is right now, if we some how pull off 3 of 4 against DU and Clown, sweep Omaha and sweep the other two, it'd give us enough to jump. 

The crazy thing is that we have the talent to pull something close to this off. But chances of them actually doing it are slim to none. 

• Upvote 1

I'll let Lauren Holly explain it ...  

PS: Jim Carrey ended up married to Lauren Holly (yes, that's her) ... so there was a chance.

PPS: That was @stoneySIOUXin flannel in the dream sequence. 

PPPS: Hockey content even! 

23 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

The crazy thing is that we have the talent to pull something close to this off. But chances of them actually doing it are slim to none. 

I think there's a chance becaus of that talent, but it's definitely not great. Never know! Could be a helluva ride. We've all been waiting for the year we backdoor ourselves into a national title. Chip and a chair :)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I think there's a chance becaus of that talent, but it's definitely not great. Never know! Could be a helluva ride. We've all been waiting for the year we backdoor ourselves into a national title. Chip and a chair :)

I’ve definitely gotten a little negative on this team this year but I don’t have it in me to completely give up on them. I’m hoping they will surprise us. I thought they were dead in the water at this time last year too, so… 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I’ve definitely gotten a little negative on this team this year but I don’t have it in me to completely give up on them. I’m hoping they will surprise us. I thought they were dead in the water at this time last year too, so… 

All exactly how I feel.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Playoffs? Playoffs?  You’re talking playoffs?!

20 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Friday's game on CBS Sports Network. I believe I get in the neighborhood of 700+ channels but that channel requires a subscription.......SMH

#chipsfreedinnerextra

Nice part about radio this year is you don't have to listen to Ole speak over Tim.

20 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

The team didn’t have a losing record at this point in time last season and wasn’t routinely blown out by opponents like Quinnipiac, Denver, St Cloud, etc., but other than that, totally similar situations…

• Upvote 1

Good news, Schmaltz will be back:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/unds-center-depth-bolstered-ahead-of-series-at-miami

Sophomore Jake Schmaltz, who suffered an upper-body injury in practice last week and missed the series against Minnesota Duluth, is expected to return to the lineup Friday night in Oxford, Ohio.

Schmaltz has practiced in full this week.

"He's back on a line," UND coach Brad Berry said. "He's playing."

Also a bit on Montgomery.  Wonder what the heck kind of injury he suffered.  Hopefully he can make a comeback either this season or next

The lone player expected to miss this weekend's series due to injury is sophomore forward Dane Montgomery, who has yet to practice with the team this season due to a nagging upper-body injury.

"Dane is an unreal person," Berry said. "I thought last year, he gained some traction. He scored a big goal in Duluth for us as a first-year guy coming into our lineup here. I feel for him. He's battled an injury issue, a problem here, and he's handled it the right way."

Montgomery, who played high school hockey at Grand Forks Red River, still attends every practice and watches from either the stands or the bench.

"I know it's killing him," Berry said. "But at the end of the day, getting through adversity is something I know he can deal with and we're going to help him deal with that side of it."

Montgomery played 16 games as a rookie, scoring one goal and tallying three points.

"Even though he isn't part of our group on the ice in practices or games, he's still with us every day through meetings and different scheduled things we go through," Berry said. "We'll keep grinding away and hopefully he can be available for us one day to play."

• Upvote 1