SiouxSports.com Forum

On to Oxford. Miami for a pair.

Wilbur

7 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Is the a scenario that we get in short of conference tournament championship?

I just ran UND winning out 10-0 (entered no other game outcomes) and UND went PWR 10.

Go 9-1 (split DU) and it's PWR12. 

I'd say in all practicality it is "autobid" or bust. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Do we know who didn't make the trip?

As for 29...and 6....and 26...and 18...if you lose two of these guys to the portal then there has been a complete mismanagement of minutes. Trotting out the same guys every night and getting the same results as the expense of lack of development from your younger players just to be a .500 team that misses the NCAA (again)? Duluth rolled 4 lines both nights with lots of Fr. UND rolled 3 with 5th year and portal guys. Weekend outcome.....split.

...and you think this season is not going well.

Why would UND lose Dylan James in the Portal? He's didn't play in three games. He's a freshman. Costantini has been invisible all year long, he had 20 points last season, he has 2 this year. Word I got on Johnson (multiple people) is that he hasn't earned the playing time to stay in the lineup. This sums up Johnson: one minute he's making a great play, the next he's coughing up the puck up that leads to a goal. Let's think about this, he's not going to play over Farmer, Frisch, Kleven, Jandric... There probably needs to be an injury for Johnson to play. 

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I just ran UND winning out 10-0 (entered no other game outcomes) and UND went PWR 10.

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Agreed.
Asking any team to go 10-0 or 9-1 when they play the top two teams in that span is asking too much, let alone being a team that hasn't swept a conference opponent all year.
Autobid is the best bet at this point...try to play into the 5th/6th spot in the NCHC to avoid going to SCSU or DU in the 1st round.
Then cross your fingers.

35 minutes ago, Goon said:

Why would UND lose Dylan James in the Portal? He's didn't play in three games. He's a freshman. Costantini has been invisible all year long, he had 20 points last season, he has 2 this year. Word I got on Johnson (multiple people) is that he hasn't earned the playing time to stay in the lineup. This sums up Johnson, one play he's making a great play, the next he's coughing the puck up that leads to a goal. 

How minutes total did 26 play last weekend?  My guess is was less than 6. Same for 18? Give them the minutes of 28 27 10 19 and I'd be shocked if they would not have produced  equally or better than those 4. Again......just trot out the same lines over and over.

35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

A lot of teams in the PWR are close together. So this is technically possible. But with this team's inability to put more than two solid games together, it is highly unlikely.

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

How minutes total did 26 play last weekend?  My guess is was less than 6. Same for 18? Give them the minutes of 28 27 10 19 and I'd be shocked if they would not have produced  equally or better than those 4. Again......just trot out the same lines over and over.

When does the onus go on the player? James has had his chance at Top 6 minutes several times this year. We all agree he's close, but he's never taken the step. Costantini absolutely had his shot at Top 6. He was on the power play to start the year! 

28, 27, 10, and 19 all have carved out a role on this team and do not deserve to sit. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

How minutes total did 26 play last weekend?  My guess is was less than 6. Same for 18? Give them the minutes of 28 27 10 19 and I'd be shocked if they would have produced. Again......just trot out the same lines over and over.

All the aforementioned players have played better than 26 and 18. Hain, Senden, jamernik, and Caulfield had a great weekend. The coaching staff isn't going to hold them out of the line up. UND hasn't had a lot of injuries this season, so this might play into some of this. Lot of talent on the roster, but they haven't performed this season.

20 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

So, putting out players who haven't performed when they are given opportunities is somehow supposed to make the team better?

Yeah, ok.

Season to date point totals for 5 players.....

10 points

10 points

12 points (Career season high in 5th year. Previous high was 10)

12 points

12 points

One of those has played at least 50% less minutes than the other 4.  

Are you sure you want to talk about "players who haven't performed when they are given opportunities"?

20 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Season to date point totals for 5 players.....

10 points

10 points

12 points (Career season high in 5th year. Previous high was 10)

12 points

12 points

One of those has played at least 50% less minutes than the other 4.  

Are you sure you want to talk about "players who haven't performed when they are given opportunities"?

You're right. You win, Ox. Goodness. Round and round and round. We get it. You think the old guys suck and you'd make better coaching decisions than Bubs.

• Upvote 1

I gotta agree with Oxbow: If we're not there already we will soon be at the point where it's start building for next year. Play the youngin's and see who has it and who doesn't when the job is theirs. I'd rather find out now than 10 games into next year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

You're right. You win, Ox. Goodness. Round and round and round. We get it. You think the old guys suck and you'd make better coaching decisions than Bubs.

Hardly my point......