SiouxSports.com Forum

On to Oxford. Miami for a pair.

Wilbur

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I gotta agree with Oxbow: If we're not there already we will soon be at the point where it's start building for next year. Play the youngin's and see who has it and who doesn't when the job is theirs. I'd rather find out now than 10 games into next year. 

I don't think the team feels that way and regardless if it's right or wrong, I just don't understand the logic sitting players who have spent their careers here. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Hardly my point......

I get your point is that we should be playing the young guys. However, when the young guys have played, they haven't really performed. The others bring other things besides points, as well. When all things are equal, you play the one with the intangibles.

5 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I don't think the team feels that way and regardless if it's right or wrong, I just don't understand the logic sitting players who have spent their careers here. 

Sometimes being a team player means recognizing the greater need of the team and that may mean stepping out of the way for a greater good. 

We lose a game this weekend and my line-up card looks very different from what Coach Berry's has been going forward. 

4 minutes ago, N of GF said:

According to the Oxford dictionary: the state of being seriously mentally ill

How does that apply to the situation?

I do believe it was a reference to Einstein's definition of it. 
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/einstein-s-parable-of-quantum-insanity/#:~:text=“Insanity is doing the same,usually attributed to Albert Einstein. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I get your point is that we should be playing the young guys. However, when the young guys have played, they haven't really performed. The others bring other things besides points, as well. When all things are equal, you play the one with the intangibles.

But if the young guys got the same minutes how would the stats be , Johnson  is a plus three with six points in 13 games , Moore is a -11 with 10 points in 21 games just one example. 

13 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I am well aware. It's not the definition of insanity, and Einstein never said it. 

It's just one of those things in pop culture that bugs me. Hey, we all have 'em. :D

Edit: The phrase actually comes from a Narcotics Anonymous pamphlet, circa 1981.

17 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

But if the young guys got the same minutes how would the stats be , Johnson  is a plus three with six points in 13 games , Moore is a -11 with 10 points in 21 games just one example. 

Did you factor in Moore's xG production? ;)

33 minutes ago, N of GF said:

According to the Oxford dictionary: the state of being seriously mentally ill

How does that apply to the situation?

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:
18 minutes ago, N of GF said:

I am well aware. It's not the definition of insanity, and Einstein never said it. 

It's just one of those things in pop culture that bugs me. Hey, we all have 'em. :D

Edit: The phrase actually comes from a Narcotics Anonymous pamphlet, circa 1981.

Whether Einstein ever said it or not and whether it bugs you or not, it aptly describes how the coaching staff is managing the lines this season. And it is a legitimate area of concern.

50 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

You're right. You win, Ox. Goodness. Round and round and round. We get it. You think the old guys suck and you'd make better coaching decisions than Bubs.

C’mon, Brianna, are you still salty about the NODAK jersey thing?  

The team has a losing record and it’s almost February.  But I’m sure the upper-class leadership is on its way to save the season.  Berry is about set to hit all the right buttons.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Whether Einstein ever said it or not and whether it bugs you or not, it aptly describes how the coaching staff is managing the lines this season. And it is a legitimate area of concern.

Oh, I hadn't heard about that.

I apologize for not maintaining 100% serious focus on what the team needs at all times. 

#:angry:

3 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

The board is already cranky, and we haven’t even blown a two-goal lead yet. 

The team is still at the hotel for God sakes!!! :lol:

Would be funny though if the coaching staff had the team served turnovers at pregame meal in an attempt to get them out of the way early.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

The board is already cranky, and we haven’t even blown a two-goal lead yet. 

LOL.

No, not cranky. Tryna have some fun. I agree with Dave this weekend; Two easy wins for the good guys. 

"Easy win" not being quite the same thing this year as in the past, obviously. The boys will come out blazing and won't play from behind all weekend.

2 hours ago, N of GF said:

LOL.

No, not cranky. Tryna have some fun. I agree with Dave this weekend; Two easy wins for the good guys. 

"Easy win" not being quite the same thing this year as in the past, obviously. The boys will come out blazing and won't play from behind all weekend.

So when the team disappointingly splits, we can all look forward to Berry talking about “culture” in the post-game press conference and Schlossman writing about the weekend positives, amiright? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, N of GF said:

I would guess we'll be behind at some point this weekend.  And I wouldn't be surprised if they drop a game.
I'd love to see a couple of statement games for us though.  Get the swagger back a little.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Sometimes being a team player means recognizing the greater need of the team and that may mean stepping out of the way for a greater good. 

We lose a game this weekend and my line-up card looks very different from what Coach Berry's has been going forward. 

If Kaleb Johnson does not play tonight and sadly the Sioux lose then put in Kaleb Saturday night in the net.  Lets see what he can offer with more experience in the D1 net.