SiouxSports.com Forum

On to Oxford. Miami for a pair.

Wilbur

The upcoming series for UND is going against a team that has given up an average of five goals in the last five games.  Shots on goal is important to pressure the goalie.  Pretty passes are just pretty but UND then ends up with no continued possession.   Are they working on this issue in practice.

On 1/24/2023 at 10:15 AM, Kevin G said:

The lone Omaha goal occurs when all five UND skaters and the goalie do a quick huddle in the corner below the goal line, leaving all five Omaha skaters alone with the puck in front of our goal. This occurs with 3.4 seconds left in the first period. 

What does omaha have to do with this weekend? Stay focused!

UND skated Wednesday in Ralph Engelstad Arena with a full crew. Only Dane Montgomery was missing. That means the coaching staff has some difficult decisions to make on who to bring to Oxford on Thursday. Montgomery and two healthy skaters will have to be left behind as well as one goaltender. UND is scheduled to practice in Oxford late Thursday afternoon.

Owen is bound to score at some point, might as well make it this weekend.

Everyone is awaiting that first collegiate goal from Owen McLaughlin and he was hot at practice Thursday afternoon in Goggin Ice Center in Oxford, Ohio. Not only was McLaughlin sniping shots during practice, he followed it up by going 3-for-3 in the shootout to win it for the second time this season. He ousted Nick Portz and Carson Albrecht.

Looker will do the play by play this weekend instead of Hennessey.

Radio play-by-play announcer Tim Hennessy did not make the trip to Oxford, Ohio, due to illness. Darrin Looker, who usually handles color commentary on the road, will do play-by-play this weekend.

The last time Hennessy missed a game on the mic was the 2011 NCAA Frozen Four. Looker also filled in that time.

Looker served as the radio play-by-play announcer for the UND women's hockey team. During home games, he is the public address announcer.

7 hours ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

I’m going to guess 1-6-29. 

Looks like we have a winner.
I feel bad for 6.  Kid needs some playing time if he's gonna be getting some big minutes next season.
Unless the coaches already know that he's gonna be getting those minutes at another program.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Hoping that TH is okay.  Guy is one of the best you will ever hear.  I remember him missing that game in 2011 that will forever live in the lore of UND hockey as "The Michigan Game".

Why on earth would you even bring that up?

30E67702-F48E-491A-AF64-615A3BE9F27E.gif

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Hoping that TH is okay.  Guy is one of the best you will ever hear.  I remember him missing that game in 2011 that will forever live in the lore of UND hockey as "The Michigan Game".

Oh, gag. Was in attendance at Xcel. That game still eats at me.  Outshot Much like 40-20 and hit 2 or 3 pipes.  UND has just one natty in last 22 or so seasons. It should be double that.  They were the best team that season but one and done playoff format does not always bear that out.  That season an okay but certainly nothing special Duluth team finally won their first natty. 

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Trying to dissuade from Grey Nodak jersey discussion. 

< snark to follow, be warned > 

I don't like the shade of grey they chose much less the use of the standard (non-block) font, that's too Hawks for me, ... and don't get me started on the logo on the shoulders ... 

Disclaimer: There is no grey jersey at this time. The preceding was intended to twist the tails of both Wilber and MafiaMan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

< snark to follow, be warned > 

I don't like the shade of grey they chose much less the use of the standard (non-block) font, that's too Hawks for me, ... and don't get me started on the logo on the shoulders ... 

Disclaimer: There is no grey jersey at this time. The preceding was intended to twist the tails of both Wilber and MafiaMan. 

Anyone know a good seamstress who can rip off the patches for me so I can replace them with Sioux heads?

• Upvote 1

Do we know who didn't make the trip?

As for 29...and 6....and 26...and 18...if you lose two of these guys to the portal then there has been a complete mismanagement of minutes. Trotting out the same guys every night and getting the same results as the expense of lack of development from your younger players just to be a .500 team that misses the NCAA (again)? Duluth rolled 4 lines both nights with lots of Fr. UND rolled 3 with 5th year and portal guys. Weekend outcome.....split.

...and you think this season is not going well.