SiouxSports.com Forum

WMU @ UND -- Friday Game Day

stoneySIOUX

34 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I say fire Berry, fire Jackson and fire Karl  which part of this team has been exceptional , zip natta nothing , D is poor , goal tending is high school quality and no offense, clean house. 

That sounds like a good way to lose every single recruit we have in the system.
Not to mention have half the existing team enter the transfer portal.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Does 21 finally shed the "extra skater" tag?? YES

Does 18 see ice time this series? (How about on a wing with 18 with 21 and 20) Same for 29?  Same for 6? YES....my line combo suggestion panned out and it was our 2nd best line IMO. NOT YET and NOT YET.

Is 15 healthy enough to go tonight? YES.....our best Dman last night

Will UND get a save % in either game north of .900? Of course not......that was the easiest money line on the board.

Will the NODAK sweaters be worn this weekend? Only if there was a closed door Berry family meeting after the game last night.

The radio guys mentioned this post game and so did a few in our section during the game......28 needs to at least be somewhat noticeable out there in a heavy banging series like this. 29 could have given you more last night.

A season like this is why I really would have liked the team to bring in Spicer maybe a year too soon....rather than trot out the 5th years again (though with one perpetually injured he hasn't really been out there).  Most people were too optimistic about this team from the go and now the best d-men all leave after this season.  

2 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

A season like this is why I really would have liked the team to bring in Spicer maybe a year too soon....rather than trot out the 5th years again (though with one perpetually injured he hasn't really been out there).  Most people were too optimistic about this team from the go and now the best d-men all leave after this season.  

I wasn’t overly happy with how that all went down, but this team should be a ton better. They are underperforming significantly.

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

That sounds like a good way to lose every single recruit we have in the system.
Not to mention have half the existing team enter the transfer portal.

Recruiting has gone down the toilet anyways so it really wouldn't matter.  They need someone like Coach Prime to come in and literally clean house.

9 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

No you can’t say stuff like this , lindenwood took other teams to the brink. Berry just needs to go , embarrassing loses at home are getting to be the norm as well as getting shelled on the road ( St. Cloud) I think Berry was an awesome assist but he’s no head coach. 

And 2 back to back HOF game losses. 

33 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

What is this opinion based on?

Freshman coming in, portal goalie who’s had decent numbers, ridiculously old team, very experienced D core, very high preseason rankings from those “in the know”, very high expectations from the coaching staff…etc.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Recruiting has gone down the toilet anyways so it really wouldn't matter.  They need someone like Coach Prime to come in and literally clean house.

Recruiting is good.  Lots of talent lined up.  They are going to be fun to watch in a few years.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Really absolutely no reason this link needs to be in the forumn...

No reason to drag her or their day into this cesspool.

I'd rethink the post and probably find that a deletion would be best.

Yes, I struggled, but I went with truth, he’s not married, and information they have put to public view on the internet. 

Even when Hellsten plays pretty well, it was still 0-2 when the shots were 21-13.  The team has had the worst goaltending in the country.  People can argue all day long about who should be on the fourth line, but by and large the team has played well enough to win most games and would be in the top ten with even average goaltending.

As for last night, on top of just ok goaltending, they couldn't buy a goal despite generating a lot.  Just off the top of my head I can think of glorious chances that were as good as anything WMU had that were missed by Hain x2, Senden, McL, Blake, James.  They've gotten worked a few times this year, where the other team has the puck all night, but not for a while.

I simply don't understand people wanting to burn the whole thing down when the save percentage tells us what the problem is.  Not that everything else is perfect, but it's been pretty solid.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jk said:

Even when Hellsten plays pretty well, it was still 0-2 when the shots were 21-13.  The team has had the worst goaltending in the country.  People can argue all day long about who should be on the fourth line, but by and large the team has played well enough to win most games and would be in the top ten with even average goaltending.

As for last night, on top of just ok goaltending, they couldn't buy a goal despite generating a lot.  Just off the top of my head I can think of glorious chances that were as good as anything WMU had that were missed by Hain x2, Senden, McL, Blake, James.  They've gotten worked a few times this year, where the other team has the puck all night, but not for a while.

I simply don't understand people wanting to burn the whole thing down when the save percentage tells us what the problem is.  Not that everything else is perfect, but it's been pretty solid.

I've been a UND fan since 1993 when I came to UND. This is by far the worst goaltending tandem that UND has had during that time span. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

We’re not getting a save when we need a save. Why do we need a save? Because the team defense is suspect at times. 

Yes, it is suspect at times.  Far from perfect, but isn't that hockey?  Considering all the uncontested looks UND had last night, WMU's seemed even more suspect.