SiouxSports.com Forum

WMU @ UND -- Friday Game Day

stoneySIOUX

19 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I miss the days when Pulin would’ve been “asked” to man up and drop the gloves after the uncalled cross check in the back into the boards he put onto Kleven. 

Yeah, I get that, but it doesn’t work that way anymore. Ludwig, Howard Walker, John Marks, Rick Wilson, Eades, Archibald, and others had a way of discouraging those cheap shots. Long ago they might get 2min for roughing or 5 for fighting and sometimes stayed in the game. 

15 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Yeah, I get that, but it doesn’t work that way anymore. Ludwig, Howard Walker, John Marks, Rick Wilson, Eades, Archibald, and others had a way of discouraging those cheap shots. Long ago they might get 2min for roughing or 5 for fighting and sometimes stayed in the game. 

The first player I really remember. Seemed like he was always skating over to the box. 

• Upvote 1

I really hate to admit it but this team is going no where fast. Decent players but whatever the coaches are doing I just don't think it is working. Its been really tough to watch this team this year. I mean lets be honest we almost got beat last weekend by LindenWood, no disrespect to that team but come on.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Dropped to #21 in the pairwise.

All that work moving up 5-6 spots in the PWR to #16...one loss and we instantly drop 5 spots.
Not gonna lie...it's looking like the only way this team makes the NCAA tourney is by winning the NCHC tourney...and that might prove difficult after watching DU and SCSU dismantle us earlier this season.

12 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I really hate to admit it but this team is going no where fast. Decent players but whatever the coaches are doing I just don't think it is working. Its been really tough to watch this team this year. I mean lets be honest we almost got beat last weekend by LindenWood, no disrespect to that team but come on.

No you can’t say stuff like this , lindenwood took other teams to the brink. Berry just needs to go , embarrassing loses at home are getting to be the norm as well as getting shelled on the road ( St. Cloud) I think Berry was an awesome assist but he’s no head coach. 

19 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Is this way, where you are not held accountable for actions, better? 

No, it's not better, it's the road to soccer.

The hit was a 5/Game but the head snap.. 100% Embellishment.

Only reason he didn't stay down was they already called it and knew he drew the 5/G

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Is this way, where you are not held accountable for actions, better? 

Not sure what way you are referring to. But a cheap shot to the chin of an opponent by one of our veteran players at a critical time in a critical game is not going to hold anyone accountable. It actually rewarded the opponent with a 5 min major and loss of a key player for the rest of the weekend. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

No, it's not better, it's the road to soccer.

The hit was a 5/Game but the head snap.. 100% Embellishment.

Only reason he didn't stay down was they already called it and knew he drew the 5/G

Agreed. Jake kept commenting on the players singling out Poulin for extra physicality but he wouldn't mention why.

On the topic of commentary, I watch on mute 90% of the time; is the guy who does intermission with Taylor Budge always that bad, or was he off tonight? Multiple dead ends and derailments for her to take over from. Not making her job easy.

16 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Really absolutely no reason this link needs to be in the forumn...

No reason to drag her or their day into this cesspool.

I'd rethink the post and probably find that a deletion would be best.

I would agree with you, does it really matter to anyone that he's getting married? I am happy for him. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Agreed. Jake kept commenting on the players singling out Poulin for extra physicality but he wouldn't mention why.

On the topic of commentary, I watch on mute 90% of the time; is the guy who does intermission with Taylor Budge always that bad, or was he off tonight? Multiple dead ends and derailments for her to take over from. Not making her job easy.

Those nights when everything goes wrong... top to bottom in the entire production.. on off ice everywhere...

It's like some Friday the 13th spookyness or something.

4 minutes ago, Goon said:

I would agree with you, does it really matter to anyone that he's getting married? I am happy for him. 

The fact is fair to discuss as in 

"is the leader a integral part of the team, lifestyle, culture, and community? or compartmentalized in another phase of life?"

That's a fair honest question and the struggles and disjointedness of on ice performance lead to it being a valid question.

The posting of  a "public yes" but private aspect of a student athletes relationship. 

No. Crosses a line. IMHO

Unless of course the board feels the need to flood the gift registry with po$itivity... but then, that's a whole nother issue in and of itself isn't it..

gifts....boosters... NIL.... ..just a lot to unpack there, could blow the compliance reps mind with all that.

• Upvote 1