SiouxSports.com Forum

New Coach

UND-SPORTS-FAN

2 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Stick with 7 or 8 and our starters need to play mass minutes.

From what I can tell, he's giving plenty of guys the chance for that role and they still can't find the right combo to take it and run.
Just when you think its close, you see why he needs to try another combo.
No doubt that it is incredibly frustrating but this isn't how he handled line-ups in the past. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

From what I can tell, he's giving plenty of guys the chance for that role and they still can't find the right combo to take it and run.
No doubt that it is incredibly frustrating but this isn't how he handled line-ups in the past. 

I agree that this year seems more frustrating finding those right bench players, but i think we can mostly agree who our starting 5 is.  Some of them need to be in when he brings in bench players.  Mass subbing and having all subs on the floor at the same time hasn't been working  

11 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

That's exactly what a good coach does.  Calls a timeout when another team is on a run.   The fact that you called them a magical timeout just takes credibility away from you. But I have seen Coach Sather do this many times in the past two years.  We blow large leads and just throw our hands up in the air.   Also the hockey line up changes needs to go!   Stick with 7 or 8 and our starters need to play mass minutes.    We should always have 3 or 4 starters on the court at all times.  

56 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Uh oh.... I was worried about Sather's little minions coming out after that post!

Maybe do something to stop the run that SDSU was going on?? You know.... going from up 13 to down 11 in a five minute stretch is probably something that you don't want to happen. Maybe, just maybe, try do something to stop it??

I'm agreeing with both of you that he should have used his magical timeouts to stop the other team. Timeouts always stop runs, because they are magic.

4 minutes ago, SD UND said:

I'm agreeing with both of you that he should have used his magical timeouts to stop the other team. Timeouts always stop runs, because they are magic.

You are so out of touch with reality it isn't even worth discussing these topics with you. Somebody says something that you don't agree with and all you can come back with is extreme sarcasm and never any valid points to back up your claims. Again, I really respect you having Sather's back no matter the cost. But you're so off base with your defenses that it is ruining any credibility that you once had. 

Just now, HoopsFan03 said:

You are so out of touch with reality it isn't even worth discussing these topics with you. Somebody says something that you don't agree with and all you can come back with is extreme sarcasm and never any valid points to back up your claims. Again, I really respect you having Sather's back no matter the cost. But you're so off base with your defenses that it is ruining any credibility that you once had. 

I guess if I don't have credibility on a fan forum from HoopsFan03, I'll be able to sleep at night.

There is a timeout every 4 minutes of game play- I guess if he would call one between the 16 and 12 minute mark, everything would have been different. Like I said, timeouts are magical and change everything. 

Maybe he should have switched jackets at halftime or used a different color marker as well for his whiteboard.

26 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

That's exactly what a good coach does.  Calls a timeout when another team is on a run.   The fact that you called them a magical timeout just takes credibility away from you. But I have seen Coach Sather do this many times in the past two years.  We blow large leads and just throw our hands up in the air.   Also the hockey line up changes needs to go!   Stick with 7 or 8 and our starters need to play mass minutes.    We should always have 3 or 4 starters on the court at all times.  

Had a coach that said never let a run get past 10, he would always call time out.  Didn’t always work but at least he tried.

4 minutes ago, Kab said:

Had a coach that said never let a run get past 10, he would always call time out.  Didn’t always work but at least he tried.

That's correct. They don't always work. But at least you tried, instead of just sitting in the chair with your face in your hands shaking your head because it is all the players fault that the other team is on a run. Just like Sather did in the SDSU game.....

• Upvote 1

People thought the last couple games were must win games. What does that make the next two?? I would think extremely must win. Only team in the league without a conference win. Against the other bottom two teams in the league. I've said this all year long, UND has the players to be a middle of the pack Summit league team this season. Hopefully we can start to see those players skills put to use for a couple wins! 

52 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

That's correct. They don't always work. But at least you tried, instead of just sitting in the chair with your face in your hands shaking your head because it is all the players fault that the other team is on a run. Just like Sather did in the SDSU game.....

Sounds like Travis Brewster before Chaves (finally) showed him the door.

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

I will add though, from experience, that this usually does not lead to team success or wins. Hence UND's record and being 0-4 in conference play. You can't keep doing the same thing (constantly switching who plays when/how much) and expect different results. At some point you have to just play the top 8 best players and figure it out from there. It can't get any worse than it is now! 

• Upvote 1

Sather might be the worst coach ever for UND! I’m sorry it’s time to move on or cancel the program if you are happy finishing in last. I get it’s a young team but my goodness, he has zero creativity or at least has diminished from when he started, players have regressed, and struggles to keep players. I’M DONE! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND-SPORTS-FAN said:

Sather might be the worst coach ever for UND! I’m sorry it’s time to move on or cancel the program if you are happy finishing in last. I get it’s a young team but my goodness, he has zero creativity or at least has diminished from when he started, players have regressed, and struggles to keep players. I’M DONE! 

But as long as we dominate the all-academic teams, it doesn't really matter. (extreme sarcasm) :silly: #SSDD