SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

5 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Glad you've already pivoted from your original comment given how it was incorrect and a made up argument, which was my original point.

Man you’re dense (and clueless). I haven’t pivoted away from anything. Nice try on your own “made up argument”. 

Rudolph was fired in November.

Holinka stepped away in February (same month another coach stepped away for a regional rival). Can’t you see the writing on the wall? Subpar coaching salary, subpar leadership. UND football needs better. Promoting from within is not the universal solution, and going from Rudolph to Freund in 2018 does not suggest otherwise. It just shows Rudolph was that awful of a hire back in 2014, and UND football still has issues in 2023. Poor salary and poor connections = continual inbreeding and internal promotions. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Man you’re dense (and clueless). I haven’t pivoted away from anything. Nice try on your own “made up argument”. 

12 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Bubba won’t touch anyone who could run things differently than him: narrow-minded in the twilight phase of his career. 

10 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Rudolph didn’t work out. Danny Freund is more creative and flexible, which is obviously good and an improvement.

Can't imagine where I got the idea that your original argument (second post above) was wrong and you actually were able to admit it. I mean, you literally admitted Bubba did exactly what you said he wouldn't when he hired Danny. If he was hired, just because JS is on staff doesn't mean he's going to run things the same way, even if he was to keep the 3-4.

Whatever though, just continue beating your dead horses. Changing the world and all that. 

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Can't imagine where I got the idea that your original argument (second post above) was wrong and you actually were able to admit it. I mean, you literally admitted Bubba did exactly what you said he wouldn't when he hired Danny. If he was hired, just because JS is on staff doesn't mean he's going to run things the same way, even if he was to keep the 3-4.

Whatever though, just continue beating your dead horses. Changing the world and all that. 

Bubba hired from within his own staff when he hired Danny, which again, is the issue. Danny being more creative and flexible than Rudolph doesn’t prove anything or change the issue I’m concerned with. No one credible from outside the program is seriously considered, and if they are, they never accept the position. This practice and recurring theme comes with the territory of having Bubba as head coach. Again, failed leadership (not thinking outside the box) and poor coaching salary pool.

Whatever though, just continue beating your dead horses.  Changing the world and all that. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Danny being more creative and flexible than Rudolph doesn’t prove anything or change the issue I’m concerned with.

It doesn't matter where he came from. The offense he brought and implemented was the exact opposite of "Bubba won’t touch anyone who could run things differently than him: narrow-minded in the twilight phase of his career."

I also highly doubt your knowledge of the inner workings of the hiring process.
Timing might force the issue on the new DC being an internal promotion. However that doesn't mean that things won't be run differently, even if they stick with the 3-4, which is very likely.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Timing might force the issue on the new DC being an internal promotion. 

Given they've posted externally for a RB coach, but haven't posted externally for a DC (so far) I'd say that's a "tell" as to an internal hire. 

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Given they've posted externally for a RB coach, but haven't posted externally for a DC (so far) I'd say that's a "tell" as to an internal hire. 

Very possible.
They haven't posted for a Safeties/Secondary coach yet either though. Not sure on the timing of when an actual resignation has or hasn't been turned in either.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

It doesn't matter where he came from. The offense he brought and implemented was the exact opposite of "Bubba won’t touch anyone who could run things differently than him: narrow-minded in the twilight phase of his career."

Timing might force the issue on the new DC being an internal promotion. However that doesn't mean that things won't be run differently, even if they stick with the 3-4, which is very likely.

Bubba doesn’t dare to hire anyone outside the program to a prominent role (coordinator). 

You can doubt all you want, but you are exclaiming more about your cluelessness than anything else. 

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Bubba doesn’t dare to hire anyone outside the program to a prominent role (coordinator). 

You can doubt all you want, but you are exclaiming more about your cluelessness than anything else. 

I don't know what's stopping Bubba from hiring a totally new guy?   Will he do that?  Probably not, but he sure could if he wanted to.   Replacing these two assistants is going to be very telling about the direction of the program for the next few years.  New and an exciting change, or culturally inbred as before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Another possible tell:

If they don't announce moving spring ball to later it's an internal hire. 

If they move spring ball back they're looking externally. 

4 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I think they would have moved it back whether it was an internal or external hire.  Feb 20th is less than a week away.  Give the coaches in their new roles a little more time before practive starts.  I still think at this point the best move is to promote within.  Probably thier only option at this point.

19 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

Bagnell would be a good get if it is for running back coach. He has been a winner all his life and considering how crappy Mary was prior to his hire and how competitive they were the last two years. 

You call a 2 - 9 record competitive? Of course they were 0 - 9