2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

49 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

I think you’re onto something!

24 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Great insight!

24 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

IMG_0842.jpeg

Almost uncanny. But entirely predictable and not too hard to get them to pop out of the woodwork together. :wink:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I'm certainly not a Bubba hater, but he gives off the most least confident look/facial expression on the sidelines as a HC that I've probably ever seen. 

You don’t have to hate Bubba to recognize he’s not cut out to be a championship winning head coach, especially at the DI level. His teams just don’t have the “it” factor, and that’s because his teams are a reflection of him. He does not exude confidence or leadership necessary during big games. The in-game decision-making and strategy certainly is not there.

Time to move. Change would be a good thing, especially in this case. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Almost uncanny. But entirely predictable and not too hard to get them to pop out of the woodwork together. :wink:

It's because we're all the same person.

1 owner - 3 accounts.

Not too hard to understand there Mr. Jdub. At least that's the conspiracy you've spewed out there on numerous occasions. 

9 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

1 owner - 3 accounts.

Not too hard to understand there Mr. Jdub. At least that's the conspiracy you've spewed out there on numerous occasions. 

He went to the Dom Izzo School of Journalism 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

1 owner - 3 accounts.

I'd be curious where I've "spewed" that at numerous times.
Now, are at least a few of you related? While it is a bit odd, I'll still comfortably put my name to that thought process.

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

take this one step further....on the smith bouncer.

does that throw get more talk if it's 3rd and 2 from the NDAC 12 down 2 with 30 seconds left in the 4th and tommy hits smith in the ankles.......oh well ...just a little chip shot for our kicker and we knock off the mighty mighty bizons...........dawhoops...lacse in....dawhoops...kick wide left.

good lord what happens?

Are we really railing on Tommy for one throw in a...checks notes...55-7 victory against Drake?!?

Big game performance history is fair...heck I've come around to accepting the limitations for the program with him under center (and personally would like to see Feeney get a shot at some meaningful snaps)...but shoot even the best quarterbacks make one-off bad throws!  This is maybe the most ridiculous take of all the ridiculous UND football message board takes I've seen in awhile!

By the way Tommy had an 85% completion percentage against Drake...10 yards per attempt and 3 scores...that's about as good of a day as a college football QB can have!  And yet from that game we chose to remember one bad throw early in the first game of the year...like I said ridiculous...

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, UND08 said:

Are we really railing on Tommy for one throw in a...checks notes...55-7 victory against Drake?!?

Big game performance history is fair...heck I've come around to accepting the limitations for the program with him under center (and personally would like to see Feeney get a shot at some meaningful snaps)...but shoot even the best quarterbacks make one-off bad throws!  This is maybe the most ridiculous take of all the ridiculous UND football message board takes I've seen in awhile!

By the way Tommy had an 85% completion percentage against Drake...10 yards per attempt and 3 scores...that's about as good of a day as a college football QB can have!  And yet from that game we chose to remember one bad throw early in the first game of the year...like I said ridiculous...

i guess you missed my point....

6 hours ago, GoodGood said:

For sure there is. They don’t know this yet but in the basketball forum we’re going to establish a minimum post per game day thread or else you’re not a real fan. There was a big controversy last year when some posters weren’t posting enough on certain nights 

!@#$ really? Going to have to find some more time soon!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You don’t have to hate Bubba to recognize he’s not cut out to be a championship winning head coach, especially at the DI level. His teams just don’t have the “it” factor, and that’s because his teams are a reflection of him. He does not exude confidence or leadership necessary during big games. The in-game decision-making and strategy certainly is not there.

Time to move. Change would be a good thing, especially in this case. 

I agree. I love Bubba and appreciate him for digging us out the hole that Muss left but the program has plateaued into a top 20ish team and that’s about it.

I’ve been a Danny guy but maybe he’s not it either, I don’t know but I do know Danny exudes confidence. Not sure what other coaches are out there that would be great options. No DeBoer like before that I know of. 

• Upvote 2

Amusing to read comments like: "Danny isn't the one", "Bubba's facial expressions show disarray" "The team is playing scared" "We missed a kick fire the special team coach". This is what you get with an open forum, but there are some that think they have it figured out from their arm chair. 

A question I have about this season is how did someone decide that Q is our superman - He is a likeable guy and he has talent but it seems like he figures in to about 25% of our offensive plays. Don't we have a lot of talent in our TEs and WRs that could be in the mix? I will say I believe in our coaches and they see them everyday.  

52 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Amusing to read comments like: "Danny isn't the one", "Bubba's facial expressions show disarray" "The team is playing scared" "We missed a kick fire the special team coach". This is what you get with an open forum, but there are some that think they have it figured out from their arm chair.  

Congrats! You figured out the point of a public sports forum!

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

A question I have about this season is how did someone decide that Q is our superman - He is a likeable guy and he has talent but it seems like he figures in to about 25% of our offensive plays. Don't we have a lot of talent in our TEs and WRs that could be in the mix? I will say I believe in our coaches and they see them everyday.  

There certainly is a degree of faith amongst fans, because some just want to still believe it will still work out for the nice guys. Faith- belief / trust/ confidence contrary to an absence of evidence.

Decade-by-decade isn’t good enough. There are better coaches for this position given the overall circumstances. 

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

There certainly is a degree of faith amongst fans, because some just want to still believe it will still work out for the nice guys. Faith- belief / trust/ confidence contrary to an absence of evidence.

Decade-by-decade isn’t good enough. There are better coaches for this position given the overall circumstances. 

But none are a sure thing.  Look what happened to Nebraska after they fired Pelini.

Pelini left the NU football program with a 67–27 record, winning at least 9 games in every season. Despite this record, and winning several bowl games, Nebraska never won a conference title under Pelini.[19] Eichorst stated at a press conference that Pelini hadn't won "the games that mattered the most" against top-tier opponents. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_Pelini

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

But none are a sure thing.  Look what happened to Nebraska after they fired Pelini.

Pelini left the NU football program with a 67–27 record, winning at least 9 games in every season. Despite this record, and winning several bowl games, Nebraska never won a conference title under Pelini.[19] Eichorst stated at a press conference that Pelini hadn't won "the games that mattered the most" against top-tier opponents. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_Pelini

There are so many things wrong with this mindset…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

UND should(ve) had the men's hockey game at 2 and the football game at 6 or 7 imo...

need a night game or two each year in football.

We had about a month of night games when the Alerus Center opened in 2001. They were well attended. But Dale Lennon kept bitching about not liking night games and pretty soon we were back to 1pm ad nauseum. A lot of other coaches make night games work all the time, so there is no reason why we can't do it again.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Fair, and good example (who would’ve thought Mike Riley and Scott Frost would have done so poorly- especially with their successes at Oregon State and UCF, respectively?), but can’t be afraid of change if things aren’t working. In fact, being scared of change because there’s no guarantees if you change is, well, not guaranteed to help either. All in all, if you don’t think what you have is currently working, you need to try something different. Not overly complicated. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Fair, and good example (who would’ve thought Mike Riley and Scott Frost would have done so poorly- especially with their successes at Oregon State and UCF, respectively?), but can’t be afraid of change if things aren’t working. In fact, being scared of change because there’s no guarantees if you change is, well, not guaranteed to help either. All in all, if you don’t think what you have is currently working, you need to try something different. Not overly complicated. 

SDSU definitely made the right call not moving on from Stiegelmeier.

There's no guarantees on staying the course or making a change. It's almost like the people making the decisions have a lot more information than fans that goes well beyond public information. Nebraska is literally a perfect example of letting fans have way too much input on coaching decisions. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1