SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

8 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

If you are going to split hairs, Hannah is probably the closest place they got near the farm.

Roster lists them from Calvin. (Probably the only two college FB players ever from Calvin.) That’s where my Dad grew up. Been there many times over the years. Romfo was a Calvin name years ago. Not splitting hairs, just thought it was pretty cool and felt someone should speak up for Calvin. :)

10 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Roster lists them from Calvin. (Probably the only two college FB players ever from Calvin.) That’s where my Dad grew up. Been there many times over the years. Romfo was a Calvin name years ago. Not splitting hairs, just thought it was pretty cool and felt someone should speak up for Calvin. :)

Grew up a bit east of there, sounds like not much left of any of those small towns.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Did Tom stop writing about Fall camp?

I asked him about that via email and he said that he usually uses the fall scrimmage as a time to stop the daily reports, as it's too hard with his other work duties to spend 3-4 hours at practice.  Really enjoy his reports every fall; he does a great job.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MoSiouxFan said:

I asked him about that via email and he said that he usually uses the fall scrimmage as a time to stop the daily reports, as it's too hard with his other work duties to spend 3-4 hours at practice.  Really enjoy his reports every fall; he does a great job.

Agreed, hate to see them stop, but it makes sense. At this point in the year, I just enjoy the constant updates and information. Too much anticipation for the season.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed, hate to see them stop, but it makes sense. At this point in the year, I just enjoy the constant updates and information. Too much anticipation for the season.

I love Tom's coverage but let's not pretend practice is 3-4 hours.

• Upvote 4