SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

22 hours ago, AJS said:

How about Tommy being left off the poster? Anything new on that?

Don't have anything to report about the poster but in 19 we had just Wanzek on the thing (if I remember right).  Probably dosent mean much Tommy's not on it IMO.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Apparently I have ...

haha, Wasn't it Brad Heidlebaugh? I only remember seeing him really throw a few passes, and one was just a complete duck. I feel like he transferred out, but don't remember where he went, and have no clue if he ever ended up seeing the field anywhere.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

haha, Wasn't it Brad Heidlebaugh? I only remember seeing him really throw a few passes, and one was just a complete duck. I feel like he transferred out, but don't remember where he went, and have no clue if he ever ended up seeing the field anywhere.

If I recall he came in when we were on like the 3 yard line on 3rd down and he floated a complete duck......and Wanzek made a great catch to save the TD. 

From Miller's article the other day. Would be nice if Klein can stay healthy and become a red zone weapon on those lob passes.  Sounds like it's been pretty successful so far in camp.  

• Redshirt freshman corner Antonio Bluiett broke up a Tommy Schuster lob pass to 6-foot-6 Elijah Klein — one of the rare times the Schuster lob to Klein has been unsuccessful at camp.

I think the transfer at NG who goes 315 is really going to help on short yardage situations.  He brings 25 more lbs of beef than the other NG's.  Even on non short yardage plays if he can bull rush and take up two OL guys at times....that will be huge.   The other DL transfer being bigger also will help.  

14 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

From Miller's article the other day. Would be nice if Klein can stay healthy and become a red zone weapon on those lob passes.  Sounds like it's been pretty successful so far in camp.  

• Redshirt freshman corner Antonio Bluiett broke up a Tommy Schuster lob pass to 6-foot-6 Elijah Klein — one of the rare times the Schuster lob to Klein has been unsuccessful at camp.

I think the transfer at NG who goes 315 is really going to help on short yardage situations.  He brings 25 more lbs of beef than the other NG's.  Even on non short yardage plays if he can bull rush and take up two OL guys at times....that will be huge.   The other DL transfer being bigger also will help.  

Griff didn’t do much to write home about at NIU but I’m hoping we see a similar dynamic with Griff as we did with Hoos on the other side of the ball. A transfer who finds a home and a sweet  spot and an opportunity to shine that he’s wasn’t getting at his former school. 

On another note, if you see Tom Miller’s write up today about the Tommy to Jack Wright TD… nothing about it is an exaggeration. I saw it with mine own eyes. Tommy bombed it from midfield and put it out in front of Jack, where only he could dive and slide to make the TD catch in tight double coverage. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

My prediction this year is we go 8-3.  Losses to Boise St, SDSU, and UNI.  This has got to be the year we beat NDSU.  The game at USD will be a grind it out game like it always is down there, but gotta win that one.  

Safe prediction. Hoping they exceed that and knock off either Boise or SDSU (selfishly cause I’ll be at those games, but also because UND football is overdue for a massive road upset) 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

My prediction this year is we go 8-3.  Losses to Boise St, SDSU, and UNI.  This has got to be the year we beat NDSU.  The game at USD will be a grind it out game like it always is down there, but gotta win that one.  

Don’t forget if we finish in 3rd the Valley is down dowwnnn dowwwwwnnnnnn