SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

3 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Really excited to see what the DL can do with the addition of Griffen Jr. and Saltonstall. Hope the DL can make it easier on the LBs and DBs. I’m a lot more confident in the DBs than the LBs right now. Also, hopefully someone steps up at center and gets good snaps down out of the gun, and someone develops into a good receiving TE threat. Excited for the season!

ummmmmm....we don't ever use the TE....all talk no throw.....for years.

take that talk to the SDAC message boards........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

To be honest, I wear downvotes as a badge of honor. Telling inconvenient truths that some people won't like is a messy but necessary task. A task I am happy to take on.

So when you are tossing downvotes around like candy, you are just pointing out that particular post is actually an inconvenient truth? Or is that only the case when people don't agree with your take (which I can assure you all are not "inconvenient truths")? 

I think there are more impactful tasks out there than giving your opinion on a message board, but I guess that's just my opinion (which I'm happy to do, along with things that have real life implications). 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

So your feelings are hurt because I (and others) might have mentioned a player and hurt their feelings? 

Man, talk about soft. Pretty sure 18+ year old men who are eligible to join the armed services can take a little criticism regarding the sport of football …

Must be nice to be able to complain behind an anonymous account and criticize everything UND including the players……….. if only we knew who you were so we could call you out by name for not doing anything helpful to UND football but instead complain.

• Downvote 2

43 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So when you are tossing downvotes around like candy, you are just pointing out that particular post is actually an inconvenient truth? Or is that only the case when people don't agree with your take (which I can assure you all are not "inconvenient truths")? 

I think there are more impactful tasks out there than giving your opinion on a message board, but I guess that's just my opinion (which I'm happy to do, along with things that have real life implications). 

And yet, here you are giving an opinion on a message board. :silly:

"And isn't it ironic....don't you think?" (Copyright 1995 Alanis Morissette, All Rights Reserved)

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Must be nice to be able to complain behind an anonymous account and criticize everything UND including the players……….. if only we knew who you were so we could call you out by name for not doing anything helpful to UND football but instead complain.

So you have a double-secret list of who is contributing to UND athletics and who isn't?

If not, I wouldn't be throwing out assumptions.

Remember what the first three letters of assumption are........:whistling:

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

My feelings about this site at times

“UGH”

So tell me, is it uncivil to point out that a player in the starting lineup is (or hasn't been up to this point) not very good? I say no.

Some people think we should post all positive things all the time and make a conscious choice to ignore any obvious negatives.

That is the approach that makes me go "UGH".

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And yet, here you are giving an opinion on a message board. :silly:

I mean, that was literally what I was pointing out in the whole entire paragraph. But thanks for noticing. 

Speaking of noticing, I see you didn't actually answer any questions. Guess they were too inconvenient for you? 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

@Sioux>Bison isn’t exactly all that forthcoming either, buddy. This compounding vendetta you have against my benign opinions is actually becoming a little concerning, to be honest … 

Lastly, if I understand your complaint; I’m both anonymously criticizing yet you know my level of support to the exact detail? Makes no sense. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

@Sioux>Bison isn’t exactly all that forthcoming either, buddy. This compounding vendetta you have against my benign opinions is actually becoming a little concerning, to be honest … 

Lastly, if I understand your complaint; I’m both anonymously criticizing yet you know my level of support to the exact detail? Makes no sense. 

benign?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Wright4UND said:

KK is actually one of the fastest guys on the team.  Up close he is a physical specimen.  I know that he has made some serious mistakes during his career.  However, I am hopeful that simplifying the defense is the key to his success.  I think he questioned what he was supposed to do and that split second delay cost him and the team! 

The talk with new DC JS is to simplify the defense.  If this is true I think KK and Fort (plus Ball filling in as needed) will have a solid season and the safeties will make significant improvement from last year.  With this improvement from the safeties plus really good corners our defense should be much improved.

We will see!  G

chris carter was one of the slowest WR in the history of the league yet he was one of the best ever........because he was smarter than his defender 99% of the time.....after seeing KK get burned on the same stuff year after year i wonder about his intelligence not his speed.

• Upvote 2