SiouxSports.com Forum

Wilbur

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

‘06 is not wrong. If UND had won in Fargodome this year the bracket would’ve looked far different. 

It's also not relevant to the argument at hand. Why was Montana St. moved from 3rd to 4th on the last day? If the only reason was to avoid interconference matchups in the semis, fine. But that reason absolutely opens the door to conspiracies being thrown around.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

My argument is that NDSU going on the road to Sac is a lot easier than them going on the road to SDSU. What happens if Sac wins? Well they didn't, so it sounds like my argument is pretty valid. You still have yet to give me a reason as to why NDSU jumped Montana St. on the last day of the season.

Again, you have no reason to believe that ndsu has an easier chance to win at sac st than at brookings. They both would be tough matchups and you thinking otherwise is simply bias toward making this “conspiracy” and “preferential treatment” argument. I think if we play sdsu 10 times this year we win 6 or 7. I’m not scared of them in the slightest. If that penalty doesn’t happen at the end of the first half, I think we possibly beat them by two scores.

Sac St at home is exactly the type of game Ndsu struggles with. Especially with what I consider to be a weak back half of our defense.

3 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Why did TCU make the CFP over Alabama?  Bama is better and would beat them by at least 2 touchdowns..   There is subjectivity in all college post season selections outside of college hockey which uses the pairwise-rankings. 

You're right. Some teams seem to get the benefit of that subjectivity more than others. 

19 minutes ago, Und246 said:

Difference is this. Bison should be going to Brookings. Not Montana State. Huge. 

Absolutely. Montana State and South Dakota State are the two programs most deserving to be in the championship in Frisco, not NDSU. How many loses does NDSU, Montana State, and SDSU have at this point? After you analyze that, you’ll see NDSU should’ve been the 4th seed … but since they’ve won 1000 FCS championships, they got preferential treatment. NDSU AD Larsen screwed UND all while elevating NDSU. Brutal. Corruption leads to more corruption. F*ck NDSU. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Absolutely. Montana State and South Dakota State are the two programs most deserving to be in the championship in Frisco, not NDSU. How many loses does NDSU, Montana State, and SDSU have at this point? After you analyze that, you’ll see NDSU should’ve been the 4th seed … but since they’ve won 1000 FCS championships, they got preferential treatment. NDSU AD Larsen screwed UND all while elevating NDSU. Brutal. Corruption leads to more corruption. F*ck NDSU. 

Mix in a water this afternoon 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

So you would rather have both SU's in the same bracket?  That's just stupid and bad for the conference.   UND screwed themselves in getting boat raced by NDSU the last game.  

1 minute ago, Bison Dan said:

So you would rather have both SU's in the same bracket?  That's just stupid and bad for the conference.   UND screwed themselves in getting boat raced by NDSU the last game.  

You’re clueless. UND still should’ve hosted a playoff game. 

Screw NDSU and their AD Larsen

57 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yes… and …

UND failed to control what was its to control.

Win that game, more than likely get the 7 or 8 seed and a bye and make NDSU play an opening round game (and likely go on the road in the round of 16). 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gothmog said:

Not sure that the notion that the MVFC was very, very down this year is really correct. Sagarin, for instance, has the MVFC rated above the Big Sky (and NDSU over MSU). Watching the pathetic defense I saw in the Sac State game last night, I'd say that Sagarin is right, the 2nd place MVFC team ought to be seeded over the 2nd place Big Sky team this year.

Or maybe more than 3 from the MVFC vs 5 from the CAA.

9 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Why do you describe it as b*llshit? NDSU would have been on the road this coming weekend if Sac St could have held their home field advantage. What would you have done differently? NDSU as a 4 seed? That could have played out exactly the same as this year did with a higher seed losing at home. 
I can understand it being frustrating, but I wouldn’t describe it as BS.

Most of the years NDSU has earned home field. This year I can see a gripe, but not much of one. They did get the way easier portion of the bracket though.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Win that game, more than likely get the 7 or 8 seed and a bye and make NDSU play an opening round game (and likely go on the road in the round of 16). 

When UND (and whoever the coaching staff is at that time) beats NDSU, that is going to lead to a *LOT*. The regional implications are huge. Right now, despite what some think, there are very few recruits that will choose UND head to head over NDSU unless there are other stipulations. UND beating division I NDSU is still a major objective that hasn’t been accomplished. 

The 2022 game showed UND has a ways to go yet. The 2021 game was an opportunity, but shows UND still can’t get out of their own way in big games. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

There was a lot of talk UND could get a seed if we win that game, but honestly I just don't see it.  We were ranked way too low to start the week, 2nd to last team in, we never get any respect (mainly our fault because we always blow it whenever voters start to buy in), Weber would've probably been the seed if SU dropped out. Unless we absolutely spanked them, which wasn't gonna happen.

• Upvote 1

On 12/10/2022 at 7:16 PM, SkoHawks said:

There was a lot of talk UND could get a seed if we win that game, but honestly I just don't see it.  

To your point:

- the optimist scenario: if UND won they are 7 or 8 seed, and NDSU hosts first round game
- the more likely scenario (the way the FCS committee behaved): if UND won is Weber is 7 or 8 seed, NDSU hosts first round game, and UND is shuffled off to some exotic CAA or SoCon location with tent locker rooms and porta-potties (and having out-bid the opponent by 5x instead of the 3x they outbid Weber by) 

• Upvote 1