SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2022

cberkas

41 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

And both pretty solid gets. I wonder about Roden, he obviously had the net in Omaha. And, he had to know Saville was on the move. Right now, Omaha is in bad shape. I wonder if Weiss and Tychonic stay or plan to go. Johnny could use some reps and Weiss could use some development physically.

Weiss is pretty darn good. He can bury the puck. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Using the unofficial GPL board tracking of the portal, since the end of the regular season (Mar 6), they list 99 players into the portal. 

Exactly TWO have official new homes so far. 

Roden, goalie, UNO --> Prov
DeRidder, goalie, MiSU --> UND

2 of 99 sounds like hits and at bats when @Oxbow6was playing in the California Penal League. :D 

Speaking of hits......Chris Rock is holding on line 3

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Thankfully Fanti now gone, although they've got a good one in Stejskal.  

Sandy will be a stud for them soon though.  Their goalie coach has a way of developing NAHL goalies. 

Their defensive system helps, but Fanti was in a zone and saved their bacon down the stretch.

At risk of repeating myself, UMD, SCSU, UNO, and WMU are going to feel the effects of having kept their super-seniors and little other change a year ago.

It's their spin at the "14 new faces" wheel. And not everyone is going to manage it as well as UND did this year. 

What's that mean? It means I just may pick CC for home ice in the playoffs in 2022-23. 

DU may have some losses in two weeks but nothing like the others. 

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

WMU soph forward Ty Glover has signed with the Penguins.

Assuming that Attard signs (which he will), that means that WMU will lose 7 of their top 9 scorers from this year.
It sounds like their goalie Bussi is getting offers as well.

Glover signing is a "canary in the coal mine" to me. It means more trouble for WMU is coming (in the form noted by @brianvf).

8 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

On the SCSU note, Jimmy Schuldt has one (1) career game in the NHL, and it was his gimme game after signing.

Jack LaFontaine will see your one (1) game, and raise you by one (1), to two (2) games in the NHL.  

With a .780 save pct and a 7.20 GAA, he may not be back.