SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2022

cberkas

5 hours ago, cberkas said:

Another Arizona State goalie that it didn't work out for, Cole Brady. 

A goalie that I thought UND should have recruited when he was at Fargo

Yeah, we’d have 20 goalies if UND signed every one you said they should have recruited.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they really push to sign Kleven also.  

You may be right, I have no idea how they think.  On the other hand, not only do they have Sanderson coming in, but they have two first rounders seasoning in the AHL (JBD is one.)  Getting crowded maybe. 

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

Cripes, we cannot afford another bloodbath off-season like last year. This has been a bad two+ weeks for this program.

Not saying they will for sure but Kleven I believe could step up to the next level.  If he stays he is gonna spend next season in the penalty box because he is too strong and physical for the NCAA it seems.

Just now, jk said:

You may be right, I have no idea how they think.  On the other hand, not only do they have Sanderson coming in, but they have two first rounders seasoning in the AHL (JBD is one.)  Getting crowded maybe. 

Kleven is a totally different type of defenseman than JBD and Sanderson.  Kleven can turn the momentum with his big hits that likely will not be penalized in the NHL.

10 hours ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Kleven is a totally different type of defenseman than JBD and Sanderson.  Kleven can turn the momentum with his big hits that likely will not be penalized in the NHL.

We don't know that ... the NHL/AHL has gotten squeamish on high (near head) contact lately also. 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

We don't know that ... the NHL/AHL has gotten squeamish on high (near head) contact lately also. 

Kleven may be more ready for the NHL than Sanderson   Jake should have stayed another year in college lifting weights, conditioning and getting healthy.  He will get paid now and I get that  

Using the unofficial GPL board tracking of the portal, since the end of the regular season (Mar 6), they list 99 players into the portal. 

Exactly TWO have official new homes so far. 

Roden, goalie, UNO --> Prov
DeRidder, goalie, MiSU --> UND

2 of 99 sounds like hits and at bats when @Oxbow6was playing in the California Penal League. :D 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Using the unofficial GPL board tracking of the portal, since the end of the regular season (Mar 6), they list 99 players into the portal. 

Exactly TWO have official new homes so far. 

Roden, goalie, UNO --> Prov
DeRidder, goalie, MiSU --> UND

2 of 99 sounds like hits and at bats when @Oxbow6was playing in the California Penal League. :D 

And both pretty solid gets. I wonder about Roden, he obviously had the net in Omaha. And, he had to know Saville was on the move. Right now, Omaha is in bad shape. I wonder if Weiss and Tychonic stay or plan to go. Johnny could use some reps and Weiss could use some development physically.