SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2022

cberkas

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Is it just me feeling like maybe the Ottawa GM could do the right thing and not tweet this while Sanderson’s season is still going on? Just seems like this could be a distraction to him. 

Ottawa is a hot mess...the GM is doing anything he can to save his job.

• Upvote 2

On 3/11/2022 at 5:26 PM, Godsmack said:

Is it just me feeling like maybe the Ottawa GM could do the right thing and not tweet this while Sanderson’s season is still going on? Just seems like this could be a distraction to him. 

Normally I would say yes but this was known at the end of last season. This is no secret. We we’re never getting him for year three. This isn’t a distraction to him because he knew he was going to be getting a deal (and he was going to take it) this whole time.

On 3/11/2022 at 5:26 PM, Godsmack said:

I'll bet it pisses Jake off, too. Regardless of his future, he wants this for UND so badly. He's all in.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Dominick Basse from CC is entering the transfer portal. Pretty decent pickup wherever he lands. 

I was super impressed with him when he was going well last season.  Kind of like Ben Kraws for Miami who ended up at ASU.  Big guy that moves well. 

10 hours ago, crb1 said:

Dominick Basse from CC is entering the transfer portal. Pretty decent pickup wherever he lands. 

He was at CC for 20-21 and 21-22; I think that means he still has three playing seasons remaining (two + Covid). Being from VA, I wonder if he's looking to go back east. Or does it have to do with Matt Vernon playing twice last weekend and having two (one + Covid) seasons left. 

32 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I could see him going to St. Cloud

As a CC fan, this sucks. I thought he was the steadier more sound goalie of the two between him and Vernon. More square to the puck, didn’t flop around and get himself out of position like Vernon’s prone to do at times. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

As a CC fan, this sucks. I thought he was the steadier more sound goalie of the two between him and Vernon. More square to the puck, didn’t flop around and get himself out of position like Vernon’s prone to do at times. 

I'd be in favor of bringing him to Gf, but with Hedquist coming in it won't happen.