SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2022

cberkas

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Savoie and Chrona likely.  Chrona could play in the NHL this year.  Heard that Nabokov really wants him in the organization.

I mean, when you when a Natty and your team gets depleted, worth it. Was looking at Denver, Minnesota (if Knies signs, they're screwed) Michigan, BC  rosters for next year etc. UND better make the right moves on who they 100% bring in. It's hang 9 next year or bust. I think it comes down to BU and UND.

BU has a bunch of tiny forwards on their team.....we've seen this before, cough, BC.

30 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

I mean, when you when a Natty and your team gets depleted, worth it. Was looking at Denver, Minnesota (if Knies signs, they're screwed) Michigan, BC  rosters for next year etc. UND better make the right moves on who they 100% bring in. It's hang 9 next year or bust. I think it comes down to BU and UND.

BU has a bunch of tiny forwards on their team.....we've seen this before, cough, BC.

Denver is definitely gonna lose a few key guys at least, Minnesota even if they lose Knies is loaded up front and I think Knies will be back for them it depends on their dmen like Faber, Johnson, Lacombe and if they can at least get a couple of them back, Michigan will lose a ton but bring in some talent, not sure on many of the eastern teams but looking like Quinnipiac brings back a good deal of quality, Mankato will have to replace a lot of D, McKay, and Smith is gone but had a lot of junior forwards.

3 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Denver is definitely gonna lose a few key guys at least, Minnesota even if they lose Knies is loaded up front and I think Knies will be back for them it depends on their dmen like Faber, Johnson, Lacombe and if they can at least get a couple of them back, Michigan will lose a ton but bring in some talent, not sure on many of the eastern teams but looking like Quinnipiac brings back a good deal of quality, Mankato will have to replace a lot of D, McKay, and Smith is gone but had a lot of junior forwards.

I assume you are taking into account what Minnesota has coming in, because If Nies leaves and Walker doesn’t use his Covid year, they lose their top 4 scorers and other than Brodzinski, UND would have 5 guys returning with more points than Minnesota’s next top scorer, and in a more defensive league.  I suppose you can expect Cooley to put up some numbers, but as we’ve seen, making an impact as a freshman isn’t a given. So I wouldn’t say loaded, but hardly “screwed” either, especially as they, as we, should expect a jump in the returning underclassmen.

20 minutes ago, tnt said:

I assume you are taking into account what Minnesota has coming in, because If Nies leaves and Walker doesn’t use his Covid year, they lose their top 4 scorers and other than Brodzinski, UND would have 5 guys returning with more points than Minnesota’s next top scorer, and in a more defensive league.  I suppose you can expect Cooley to put up some numbers, but as we’ve seen, making an impact as a freshman isn’t a given. So I wouldn’t say loaded, but hardly “screwed” either, especially as they, as we should expect a jump in the returning underclassmen.

Mr. Walker would be an idiot coming back to UofM based on his career stats - https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=201637

Time to move on and pro life. 

17 hours ago, tnt said:

I assume you are taking into account what Minnesota has coming in, because If Nies leaves and Walker doesn’t use his Covid year, they lose their top 4 scorers and other than Brodzinski, UND would have 5 guys returning with more points than Minnesota’s next top scorer, and in a more defensive league.  I suppose you can expect Cooley to put up some numbers, but as we’ve seen, making an impact as a freshman isn’t a given. So I wouldn’t say loaded, but hardly “screwed” either, especially as they, as we, should expect a jump in the returning underclassmen.

In Mr. Cooley’s case, impactful freshman season is a given….. This kid is nasty. 

8 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

In Mr. Cooley’s case, impactful freshman season is a given….. This kid is nasty. 

Would've loved to have seen him on a line with Gaber.
I really like our incoming group of forwards, but Cooley sure would have elevated next year's team nicely.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, tnt said:

Yeah pretty much although I think some of their freshman make a nice jump with Huglen, Broz, Lucius, and Pitlick. Their incoming class is loaded with Cooley, Kurth, Lucius, and I really like Pinoniemi even though he doesn't get the same hype as some other guys. Believe they have Snuggerud and Strobel coming in as well. 

Wondering about the timing of this. Leave after your sophomore year for an AHL tryout instead of leveraging an even better junior year into an NHL contract next spring? 

Granted, lots I don’t know about the signing process  

• Upvote 1

Denver was a team that was so well balanced between classes. 

• Out Eligibility: (2) Wright / Barrow
  • Signed: (2) Brink / Savoie

There is still a lot of talent on the roster. Any word on Guttman and Stapley? Both Seniors last year, 3rd / 4th on the team in points. Could be back with their Covid year. Benning had a big year on the blue line for them. As it stands now, I would still say they are the favorites in the NCHC next year. Will need to take at least another two of their big guns to sign for that to change. 

1 hour ago, AJS said:

There is still a lot of talent on the roster. Any word on Guttman and Stapley? Both Seniors last year, 3rd / 4th on the team in points. Could be back with their Covid year. Benning had a big year on the blue line for them. As it stands now, I would still say they are the favorites in the NCHC next year. Will need to take at least another two of their big guns to sign for that to change. 

Guttman is the crankshaft of that engine, but he ain't got the pistons he had. 

2 hours ago, AJS said:

What good coaching and planning does I guess why they got the nattys