SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

8 minutes ago, cberkas said:

When down by 2 and really haven't done anything all period, pulling the goalie is a dumb move. 

With that thinking we would never have had 5 overtime’s in Fargo last year.  Every hockey coach would take issue with that statement unless you are going back to the two game total goal series of years gone by.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, brianvf said:

So when can Sanderson make it back into the lineup?

When will this team stop taking so many bad penalties?

When will our PP actually be productive?

And will we ever see UMD stop diving?

Hopefully tomorrow. 

It’s needed ASAP like tomorrow but I’m not optimistic.  This teams margin of error is very small. 

When the Vikings win the Super Bowl ?  Probably a lot sooner but we can’t afford to lose players because the scoring depth is limited.

Not a chance.  Why stop something that works and has almost no risk of hurting your team. 

26 minutes ago, bcblues said:

OK, I'll bite. Hakstol was probably the most popular recipient of the "FIRE........" call.

But honestly, both Hakstol and Berry have their strengths and weaknesses. Different, for sure.

Brad does have some pretty solid stats, though......

Oh yeah I’ve got no real problem with Berry.  I just see his contract is up after next season and that slightly worries me.  I was just more curious.   

A couple of observations. The team was shorthanded and consequentially outplayed. When will the coaches do something about penalties? The Jamernik crosscheck was just stupid - maybe a five or maybe not. Embellishment by the UMD player -uh, yeah. Worthy of a DU dive. But the net result was the far better team won. The UND team we watched tonight is at best the third or forth place team in the NCHC.

Will see SCSU in a couple weeks, but this Duluth team is good.  Just a clinic in the neutral zone, and they make you pay for every inch.

The area where the biggest disparity was between the teams was in the skating department.  Their team speed was huge in being able to pressure the hell out of us all over the rink.  Some guys got exposed in that department, but we knew that other than a few guys we didn't have an elite skating team this season.  

Dumb penalty by Jammer.  His line became obsolete after his curtain call.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The area where the biggest disparity was between the teams was in the skating department.  Their team speed was huge in being able to pressure the hell out of us all over the rink

This....^^^

On another note is Biondi taking advantage of his 2nd Covid year? Seems like that kid has been around since 2016. 

8 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

A couple of observations. The team was shorthanded and consequentially outplayed. When will the coaches do something about penalties? The Jamernik crosscheck was just stupid - maybe a five or maybe not. Embellishment by the UMD player -uh, yeah. Worthy of a DU dive. But the net result was the far better team won. The UND team we watched tonight is at best the third or forth place team in the NCHC.

How can a coach with any self respect allow his players to dive. That is panzy at best. And coming from a former Sioux player. 

• Upvote 1