SiouxSports.com Forum

DU @ UND -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

I will admit that I expected a DU sweep. Very pleased to be wrong as usual. But having said that, there was a till a ton of poor plays that could have led to a loss. The Jandric pass was the most glaring. Still quite a few no look passes that went nowhere. And how many times did they ice the puck when there was no need to? Six? Eight? None of them led to goals but they are the type of play that will lead to goals. 

2 minutes ago, Gma loves hockey said:

Pregame, I was impressed with Denver #24, while they were dragging that monster flag off the ice, he was the only player to go and help pick it off the ice.  I had expected them to try folding the flag instead of grabbing a hand full and dragging it off.

That little SOB is Bobby Brink.  His uncle has a history in Grand Forks I'm told.  

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Was Morrow a UND commit too? And if so, what’s the story on him and Rizzo and why they didn’t end up coming here?

They wanted Morrow to play another year of juniors, and Rizzo had some injury issues.

They took a gamble of Johnson over Morrow.  Right now we are on the wrong side of that one, but Johnson needs some time.  Morrow is for sure an early departure. 

6 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

His uncle got pounded on outside the diamond one night

That's a pretty dumb statement. I don't normally go to the diamond. 

Fixed your post. 

His uncle pounded some beers one night.

• Upvote 3