SiouxSports.com Forum

Future of the UND Football Program

GoHawks

On 12/15/2022 at 9:00 AM, nodak651 said:

If only UND was wise enough to have hired Petrino the program would be in a way better position right now, right? 

Actually, looks like Petrino is leaving Missouri State with a losing record vs Bubba.  Is Petrino leaving Missouri State with an empty cupboard right before signing day? 

Not sure what your point is?  You are saying Bubba is a better coach than Petrino?  Is that what your are saying?

17 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Not sure what your point is?  You are saying Bubba is a better coach than Petrino?  Is that what your are saying?

For UND, yes.  

Edit: And really, you don't know what my point is?  I can quote some more of your posts if you would like.

13 hours ago, nodak651 said:

For UND, yes.  

Edit: And really, you don't know what my point is?  I can quote some more of your posts if you would like.

So you are telling me and everyone on this thread that Bubba is a better football coach than Petrino?  Remember I did not say better person, I said better football coach.   If that what you are trying to say, how about some actual proof.

5 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

So you are telling me and everyone on this thread that Bubba is a better football coach than Petrino?  Remember I did not say better person, I said better football coach.   If that what you are trying to say, how about some actual proof.

At the FCS level why isn't he?  

17 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Cripes, most of the contributors on this forum have 10x more character than Petrino. And you have to have a head coach the athletes can trust. But it will take more than that to get us where we want to go as a program.

Settle down, Einstein.  Man, you can get hyped up quick.  I’m with you to a point. but hell no on road-rash Bobby. I’ll take a clean program any day of the week and twice on Sundays over any quick fix, fly by night operator that flees at the first sign of adversity. I always thought Bobby’s x’s and o’s prowess was a bit inflated. Wasn’t Bubba 2-1 over that genius slime ball?. And the one loss was given away in a close one in Springfield. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Head to head.  Already said it.  You chose to ignore it.

55 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Settle down, Einstein.  Man, you can get hyped up quick.  I’m with you to a point. but hell no on road-rash Bobby. I’ll take a clean program any day of the week and twice on Sundays over any quick fix, fly by night operator that flees at the first sign of adversity. I always thought Bobby’s x’s and o’s prowess was a bit inflated. Wasn’t Bubba 2-1 over that genius slime ball?. And the one loss was given away in a close one in Springfield. 

I agree with you on Petrino, the man is a slimeball. I just don't want us to get into thinking we have to choose between winning and integrity. I think they go hand in hand.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I said football coaching not character.  Bubba is a much better man,  I thought we were talking as a football coach.

They go hand in hand. If they don’t, I don’t want any part of it.  Plus Bubba gets the nod here on the coaching side head to head. 

11 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I said football coaching not character.  Bubba is a much better man,  I thought we were talking as a football coach.

I think their man point was that Bubba is a better FCS coach than Petrino. Petrino wanted nothing to do with the FCS other than he needed a job. His only goal was to put lipstick on a pig for as long as he could until he got another job. The lipstick was shining brightly through the 3rd quarter against Arkansas. But that lipstick came off after that and then it was as ugly as ever. 

4 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

They go hand in hand. If they don’t, I don’t want any part of it.  Plus Bubba gets the nod here on the coaching side head to head. 

Unfortunately they don’t go hand in hand . You all forget Petrino took over a perennial doormat and instantly made it relevant winning a conference championship in his first year and qualifying for the playoffs 2 of 3 years . As a football coach there is no comparison .  Again I would much rather have Bubba as a neighbor or relative.  Petrino wins football games.

did we all forget he did this at Missouri state?  Yes that Missouri state.  They had one win seasons how many times before he arrived?

9 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Unfortunately they don’t go hand in hand . You all forget Petrino took over a perennial doormat and instantly made it relevant winning a conference championship in his first year and qualifying for the playoffs 2 of 3 years . As a football coach there is no comparison .  Again I would much rather have Bubba as a neighbor or relative.  Petrino wins football games.

did we all forget he did this at Missouri state?  Yes that Missouri state.  They had one win seasons how many times before he arrived?

They must go hand in hand or no thanks.  Agree to disagree. The legend of Bobby is all flash no substance. Pure snake oil. It runs out of steam quick and then it's on to the next village. 

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I think their man point was that Bubba is a better FCS coach than Petrino. Petrino wanted nothing to do with the FCS other than he needed a job. His only goal was to put lipstick on a pig for as long as he could until he got another job. The lipstick was shining brightly through the 3rd quarter against Arkansas. But that lipstick came off after that and then it was as ugly as ever. 

If we are talking about building an FCS program for the long term, I agree.  A guy like Petrino who has coached at the top is never going to be satisfied coaching in the FCS.

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

That must be why Bubba got steamrolled by Petrino this year.  Oh wait.

Bubba handed the game to Petrino in 2021.   No idea why you are so riled up by Petrino or myself?  No idea why you would defend Bubba as a football coach vs Petrino.   Petrino soring 2020 team was terrible and yet he still won a MVFC and made the playoffs.  If Entz and staff or steiglemeier and staff had coached UNDs team they would have still been playing today.  2021 team would have been in Frisco.  Some of you will lose your mind over this, but coaching is supreme in football.  If you disagree with it’s me are you saying that Bubba is taking a less talented team and getting to .500 via coaching supremacy?   Is that really what you think?

11 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Bubba handed the game to Petrino in 2021.   No idea why you are so riled up by Petrino or myself?  No idea why you would defend Bubba as a football coach vs Petrino.   Petrino soring 2020 team was terrible and yet he still won a MVFC and made the playoffs.  If Entz and staff or steiglemeier and staff had coached UNDs team they would have still been playing today.  2021 team would have been in Frisco.  Some of you will lose your mind over this, but coaching is supreme in football.  If you disagree with it’s me are you saying that Bubba is taking a less talented team and getting to .500 via coaching supremacy?   Is that really what you think?

I think my initial post was pretty clear.  

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Everything ok?