SiouxSports.com Forum

SATURDAY AT THE Q

Oxbow6

There was quite a bit of doom and gloom in this forum last night and frankly I may have been one as well had I post...  That being said, I think that the boys played a whole different game tonight.  I keep forgetting how young this team is and that it may take until halfway through the season for them to completely gel.  I think a split versus a very talented team this early in the season on the road is a very promising sign.  

• Upvote 5

Bubbs:

-We responded.  Knew we would.  First five minutes were good.  We were accountable.

-The Q is good, and experienced. 

-Dane Montgomery played well.

-Happy for Ford.  Team loves the guy.

-Defended pretty well the last little bit.

-Greasy hard road win.  This is how they'll have to play to win games this year. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Bubbs:

-We responded.  Knew we would.  First five minutes were good.  We were accountable.

-The Q is good, and experienced. 

-Dane Montgomery played well.

-Happy for Ford.  Team loves the guy.

-Defended pretty well the last little bit.

-Greasy hard road win.  This is how they'll have to play to win games this year. 

Exactly how they’ll have to play to win games…high end O we’ve had the past two years is not here.

3 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

So I just met Marc Chorney. I’m sitting at the bar after the game, minding my own business and he comes over and says, “Okay I gotta sit next to this North Dakota guy.” I say something complimentary about Quinnipiac and then mention how they have a player whose dad was an All-American at North Dakota. To which this guy says, “Oh, you don’t say?” And then Taylor is standing there and says, “You’re talking to him!” We all had a good laugh. Really nice guy. 

Ah, Taylor is a great guy. Met him after college a few years back at a charity hockey game. Went to go say hi and said “Thought I’d come over here to get away from the Gopher guys” - had a good laugh. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

So I just met Marc Chorney. I’m sitting at the bar after the game, minding my own business and he comes over and says, “Okay I gotta sit next to this North Dakota guy.” I say something complimentary about Quinnipiac and then mention how they have a player whose dad was an All-American at North Dakota. To which this guy says, “Oh, you don’t say?” And then Taylor is standing there and says, “You’re talking to him!” We all had a good laugh. Really nice guy. 

Omg your a celebrity 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, willythekid said:

There was quite a bit of doom and gloom in this forum last night and frankly I may have been one as well had I post...  That being said, I think that the boys played a whole different game tonight.  I keep forgetting how young this team is and that it may take until halfway through the season for them to completely gel.  I think a split versus a very talented team this early in the season on the road is a very promising sign.  

After reading last nights posts, it sounded like UND had the worst team in all of college hockey and that maybe we should look to drop a couple of levels because our play was so bad.  I have read these same posts and comments in previous years and some times when I didn't know the score of the game I thought we must be behind by 5 goals, instead sometimes we were even leading.  It is going to take a bit with this many new players to come together.  We are not even to the end of October and the doom and gloom last night was ridiculous.  Good game tonight and let's get ready for Nashville!!

• Upvote 1