SiouxSports.com Forum

UND travels to Southern Illinois Oct. 16 2p.m.

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

10 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

I'm assuming you just closed your eyes on our last two field goal attempts? We don't have a kicking with Stage out.

No, but the results would have been the same if he missed 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

0-3 on field goal attempts today and some of you are claiming that we lost cause we didn't have 4 attempts. IALTO

Obviously field goal kicking (well, lack thereof) lost the game to a degree. But, offense also could’ve done much better and not relied on three FG attempts that had little chance. Lastly, defense gave up too many big plays with busted coverage and misfits in run defense.

all in all, und lost because of all three phases not being good enough.

I will not settle for moral victories. I want und better than ndsu and ultimately winning a national championship. I will not commend losing.

right now, I don’t care how close the last three games have been. Und is what their record says they are: 0-3 in conference, 2-4 overall, a losing football team 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Critical issues:

1) missed field goals

2)huge plays allowed on defense

3)left points out on the field in the redzone

4) Isiah Smith looked great …but now he’s injured.

UND will choke this season away after putting everything into the NDSU game and coming up short.

You mean the 4th down call at our own 20?

• Like 1

Failure to take advantage of the blocked punt was a huge turning point.  
We came out of the first have with a lot of momentum.  Forced a 3 and out on the first series after halftime and then blocked the punt.  Take over on the 15 yard line.  First down Tommy just throws it away.  Second down Q come in.  Why at this point ?  You’re in a compressed playing field and anyone paying attention knows a run is coming.  Little to no chance of success.  Q ends of gaining a yard setting up third and long in a tight playing field.  Probability of success is not very high.  Tommy comes back in, rolls to the right and throws it away.  Then a blocked field goal.  So much for momentum.   That series is all on the coaches. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kab said:

We lost a lot 0f yards today by not fielding their punts

must have someone who could fair catch those punts

I don’t think Holm has been practicing them much this year, Skokna has been the guy.

hopefully we get Skokna or Smith back or we will only have Otis and Clementson left…..

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

40-21 against 11th ranked team on road while transitioning

wow… one win against a top 20 ranked team, that’s neat.

Bubba has piled up far more quality wins, and is a good coach, but consistency has not been there. Too much sloppiness at times, which is not characteristic of the top coached programs.

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

40-21 against 11th ranked team on road while transitioning

You have literally lost all credibility with your posts this week. I thought this was a game that UND had no way to win, come back , or even come close. I think you should take a break for awhile…….

• Upvote 4