SiouxSports.com Forum

UND travels to Southern Illinois Oct. 16 2p.m.

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

wow… one win against a top 20 ranked team, that’s neat.

Bubba has piled up far more quality wins, and is a good coach, but consistency has not been there. Too much sloppiness at times, which is not characteristic of the top coached programs.

actaully we lost that game....sorry

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

You have literally lost all credibility with your posts this week. I thought this was a game that UND had no way to win, come back , or even come close. I think you should take a break for awhile…….

i predicted the right score just the wrong winner ...31-28

11 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i guess i meant holm at the end....cost us what 25 yards.......

Plenty of blame to go around, but man, it's been a long time since we've had a good kicker.  I'm not supremely confident in Stage making that last kick either,  and Stevens was 20 yards wide of the goal posts.  It wasn't close at all.

There were a lot of things that could have been done differently today from all phases to avoid the game coming down to a 48 yarder from the backup kicker.

On the other hand, if the kicker could have converted the two that were less than 40, he wouldn't have been in that position at the end of the game.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

ok.. that one wasnt a great call either.  I was referring to the kicking game

In the 2nd half

• 31 yd fg blocked
  • 38 yd fg went for it instead of kicking
  • 36 yd fg missed
  • 47 yd fg missed badly.

I know this is our backup fg kicker, but we are alos supposed to be a division 1 program.  I would expect you would have at least two kickers and maybe more on the team that could regularly make <40yd fg.

After the 1st quarter I thought we were getting blown out by 40+.  The team fought back and made it a winnable game.  

• Isaiah was awesome.. hopefully not a serious injury.. we have some players in the backfield assuming they arent injured or sick
  • need to see more Quincy.. throwing the ball.. 
  • the kicking game.. uffdah.. missed fg's and kickoffs out of bounds

Its hard not to be depressed and excited by this team at the same time.

I feel this same way. 

• Upvote 1

I don't know who is responsible for recruiting and evaluating kickers, maybe it's a group effort not sure.  But something needs to change in that area.  If Jeff Glass is our kicker this year, we win this game and we are talking about how good the team looked today. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This loss stings. USD loss was the NDSU hangover that should not have happened. No Weah this game, I thought that would deflate the team. It may have but they rallied and had their chance to win. This league is tough, I may be an optimist but our season still has a pulse. Though it is faint. If those in the locker room won’t quit on each other and then anything can happen. Crazy things happen in college football. (Like a crappy 6-5 Western Illinois getting in over a solid 7-4 UND team)

My brief take aways are:

Defense is playing better then I expected except 1st quarter last two weeks. Holinka has grown as a defensive coordinator.

Offensively I think UND is lacking an identity. Thus the inconsistency which is frustrating. 

As Forest Gump would say, “That’s all I have to say about that.”

22 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

we win this game going away if q played the whole game

We absolutely need to see more Q.. and Q throwing the ball not just running as he is not a running QB.

You also have to admit Schuster had a solid 2nd half.  2 Catchable balls dropped in the endzone.  If either/both of those are caught everyone is talking about how Schuster is our QB.

• Upvote 1

Staff needs to take a closer look at what talent are we evaluating on offense.  I’ve seen Isaiah Smith play two full games now and he has been our best offensive player in both.  Do we beat NDSU and/or USD if he gets a bulk of Skonkas carries and we find a different way to use Luke.  Smith and Weah in the backfield would be hard to defend with how well Smith runs and catches the ball.  

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I don't know who is responsible for recruiting and evaluating kickers, maybe it's a group effort not sure.  But something needs to change in that area.  If Jeff Glass is our kicker this year, we win this game and we are talking about how good the team looked today. 

So do you wish we would have two Stage types? Can’t boot it in the end zone but are more accurate field goal kickers, or one that can kick deep and one that is more accurate. Obviously having both in one kicker would help. Stevens did pretty good last week…… now all of a sudden it’s an issue?