SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

Don't follow volleyball that closely, but this appears like it could be a very solid hire.  But volleyball is one of my daughters favorite sports so think I'll be watching more in the near future with her, so hopefully Coach Tupac is able to get UND back to where we were a few years ago (which seems like an eternity).

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, lawkota said:

His wife was an All-American libero at Iowa State and a member of Team USA for a few years.  She runs a volleyball recruiting service.

Did a little digging on her and she actually played at the Betty back in 2013 when the UND Classic featured Iowa State.  She was named to the All-tournament team.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Another short timer who might turn it around, hate the weather, then leave.  We then go 1-30.  Hope I am wrong 

Having spent time at Denver, Iowa St, and Penn St, he's not exactly a warm weather guy.  With that said, I hope he gets promoted to a B1G head coaching job in 6 years.

8 minutes ago, Dustin said:

As was I.  Iowa St. was ranked #15 nationally.  Texas A&M was also in the field.  Probably the two best NCAA volleyball programs ever to come to Grand Forks.

biggest reason i went was if we beat ISU i was gonna send a pic of the score to my ISU alum friend....but nope...but fun game and crowd!!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

As opposed to what exactly? I’ll take anyone who will succeed to the point of moving on up in the coaching world.

if someone does well enough to move up "normally" the transition to the next coach goes smooth and well...like NDAC football up to Entz....we on the other hand airballed it....moustache to muss...not good...then the bubba over kalen ...good god...should've just hired "chuck the pigskin" guy....

56 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

As opposed to what exactly? I’ll take anyone who will succeed to the point of moving on up in the coaching world.

As opposed to a guy that doesn't want to be here cause he has no connection, ups and leaves, forcing Chaves to hire his assistant in a rush decision cause he doesn't have the time to open it up for required length of time again.  Crazy right

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

As opposed to a guy that doesn't want to be here cause he has no connection, ups and leaves, forcing Chaves to hire his assistant in a rush decision cause he doesn't have the time to open it up for required length of time again.  Crazy right

Seems like a bit of a unique situation don’t you think?