SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, volleyball has really fallen off my radar the last couple seasons.  I used to be a season ticket holder and watched all the away games on Pluto.  Hopefully, this year they start to show some signs of life.  Our team is really young, and I hardly recognize any names from our heyday, but hopefully this graduate transfer from a P5 school (Arizona St.) will provide some much needed experience and leadership.  https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/volleyball/7151255-Sierra-Ellett-is-going-from-beach-volleyball-at-Arizona-State-to-indoor-at-UND

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

how did we fall so far so fast?

Mistakes in Pryor's last years in filling the gaps after the Griffin/Tepavec/Merseli/Dooley class graduated.  

The departures of some key contributors throughout the years due to various reasons

Not getting the next great setter after Griffin graduated. 

There are probably others but these are the few that I can think 

On 9/25/2021 at 9:27 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

would it have been weird just to hire dooley when her basketball career ended?

How about UND do a national coaching search instead of always hiring someone with UND ties.  Again looking from the outside, but I see this all the time that a UND former student, assistant coach etc is hired over some quality candidates outside of the school.   Just like the women's basketball hire.  I am going to give her a break because she has done some good recruiting now it just needs to translate to coaching wins.     But this volleyball hire looked like a disaster hire from the beginning.   

• Like 2