SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Season

SWSiouxMN

The Gophers are looking for a new assistant coach, Laura Kasey is no longer listed as a coach. Again, to quote Sergeant Schultz, "I know nothing." Just throwing it out there. GF is a great place to raise kids. :-)

On a side note, there are a serious number of players in the portal. I doubt UND has any scholarship room left, even if the next coach was interested (I suspect on some level every coach is interested). But there is some serious hot potato action going on. Someone looking for greener pastures is going to be left without a seat. 

I was told earlier this week that phone interviews had started. If something was finalized late in the week it might make sense to wait until Monday to make an announcement. Friday afternoons are when you make announcements that you don't want anyone to notice.

Rumor has it that Nebraska is looking for a new assistant. What are the odds that Tyler is heading to UND, and they couldn't make the announcement until after the Final Four? :D The answer is less than 0; if he's going, it's to the Beach. 

Anyone else see Hugh reupped with the Gophers for 500K+/yr. Also read that Iowa is likely to offer 250K/yr in an attempt to get competitive in the B1G. There's some serious money to be made at the upper levels.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

It amazes me the people who are in lockstep with Gfhockey, as he has proven himself time an again as an internet troll, and we all know what studies reveal about people with that proclivity.

I like him.  He gives this place character and he actually follows all aports.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, undVBfan said:

I was told earlier this week that phone interviews had started. If something was finalized late in the week it might make sense to wait until Monday to make an announcement. Friday afternoons are when you make announcements that you don't want anyone to notice.

Rumor has it that Nebraska is looking for a new assistant. What are the odds that Tyler is heading to UND, and they couldn't make the announcement until after the Final Four? :D The answer is less than 0; if he's going, it's to the Beach. 

Anyone else see Hugh reupped with the Gophers for 500K+/yr. Also read that Iowa is likely to offer 250K/yr in an attempt to get competitive in the B1G. There's some serious money to be made at the upper levels.

https://www.si.com/college/nebraska/volleyball/nu-volleyball-associate-hc-hildebrand-leaving-huskers-for-alma-mater

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Yeah, it was made official last night.

https://longbeachstate.com/news/2021/12/19/womens-volleyball-tyler-hildebrand-returns-to-long-beach-state-as-the-sixth-head-coach-of-the-womens-volleyball-program.aspx

Like he was coming here. :) If he doesn't see LB (his alma mater) as his forever job I suspect he's building up the resume to be in line for Nebraska when Cook retires.