SiouxSports.com Forum

Sam Houston/SDSU game

Und246

20 minutes ago, Und246 said:

Looking at who is playing in title game. The last 2 times we played Sam Houston we won. This year we beat SDSU by double digits. We are close!!!!!

Your sentiment about your team is accurate, but SHSU is a very different team than they’ve been in past years. They are so much better up front on both sides of the ball than ever before. SHSU of years past would have never stopped an ndsu run game and JMU would have overpowered them. Great job by their coach adapting in recruiting and development.

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Your sentiment about your team is accurate, but SHSU is a very different team than they’ve been in past years. They are so much better up front on both sides of the ball than ever before. SHSU of years past would have never stopped an ndsu run game and JMU would have overpowered them. Great job by their coach adapting in recruiting and development.

Yes, of course; NDSU’s running game is God’s great gift to us all. So spectacular. So unstoppable. Unreal Sam Houston could even think about stopping that nonetheless actually beat the bizons.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yes, of course; NDSU’s running game is God’s great gift to us all. So spectacular. So unstoppable. Unreal Sam Houston could even think about stopping that nonetheless actually beat the bizons.

You apparently haven’t watched FCS football in the last 10 years. Watch some film and then rejoin the conversation.

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You apparently haven’t watched FCS football in the last 10 years. Watch some film and then rejoin the conversation.

You’re right - I haven’t watched FCS football for the past 10 years. I’ll have to start watchin’ some film, as you say. 

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

You’re right - I haven’t watched FCS football for the past 10 years. I’ll have to start watchin’ some film, as you say. 

Nothing I said is inaccurate or even biased. Just the facts.

Keeler is quoted as saying he built his team to beat NDSU specifically. 

My point is SHSU is a much better built and complete team than they’ve been in the past. They’ve been extremely skilled but weak up front in years past, they are so much better up front this year than ever before.

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

My point is SHSU is a much better built and complete team than they’ve been in the past. They’ve been extremely skilled but weak up front in years past, they are so much better up front this year than ever before.

They look the part of an FBS team on the DL in particular. It’s what we need to look like.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

They look the part of an FBS team on the DL in particular. It’s what we need to look like.

Careful, the old guard here gets upset when you say things like that apparently

I think its the Jacks time.  Sam has proven they can score a lot and quickly, but I believe Gronowski will be the difference and they will get up on Sam and not let them back in it like James did.

I'll repeat what others have said.  The Jacks being there and rightfully there gives me hope that with a couple more kids on the line and a guy or two that can stretch a defense a bit at WR we are building towards a championship caliber team. 

• Upvote 1

I was impressed with SHSU's comeback against JMU, but even more impressed with the Jack's domination in their game. They looked significantly bigger and faster than Delaware. Should be a good final. I think Sdsu will be favored by as much as a touchdown. 

On 5/8/2021 at 7:37 PM, Bison06 said:

They were pretty tough in 2011 as well.