SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

34 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

i do think it's interesting that people especially young people that got the first two jabs are drawing a line on getting the boosters......YOU SIGNED UP FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

i work with a lady that just got her first shot and i asked if she will get the booster(s) and she said hell no...i just shook my head.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

might be time to replace CC with eithter bemidji or mankato....they have sucked for years and now this....they have a hard enough time finding good recruits with the academics .....now they want to add another condition to make the team?

they need to go to atlantic hockey to join up with boosted air force squad

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

might be time to replace CC with eithter bemidji or mankato....they have sucked for years and now this....they have a hard enough time finding good recruits with the academics .....now they want to add another condition to make the team?

I think CC will regret doing this. The article says about 16 of the players are hesitant - damn near the whole team! And if you don't get it (the booster) after ALREADY being "fully vaccinated" you lose access to a bunch of stuff? This is absolutely crazy!!! I sure hope other schools don't do this - it is absurd :

"According to the Colorado College website, if those who are eligible for a booster don’t upload documentation of booster proof, “Gold Card access will be restricted.”

Gold Cards serve as Colorado College identification cards and allow entrance to residence halls and room doors. It’s also a way of procuring goods and services on campus, including meals."

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Mankato would really top of the talent of the NCHC - I'd be a fan. Bemidji wouldn't be bad either - they always surprise me. Damn beavers.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

might be time to replace CC with eithter bemidji or mankato....

Terrible idea.
You always have a private school in the league. Keeps a lot more of those FOIA requests at bay.

Plus college presidents like to be associated with like-minded institutions. While there are 3 non-D1 institutions in the NCHC, removing the one that is a top 100 college and has a $750million plus endowment seems like a poor choice.. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Terrible idea.
You always have a private school in the league. Keeps a lot more of those FOIA requests at bay.

Plus college presidents like to be associated with like-minded institutions. While there are 3 non-D1 institutions in the NCHC, removing the one that is a top 100 college and has a $750million plus endowment seems like a poor choice.. 

How is CC a like-minded institution? Top 100 college based on what - academics? And their own endowment benefits the NCHC how? Just because? Non d1 institutions for what? They are playing d1 hockey - just mean their other sports?

7 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Terrible idea.

I believe Denver is also private.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FightingSU said:

How is CC a like-minded institution? Top 100 college based on what - academics? And their own endowment benefits the NCHC how? Just because? Non d1 institutions for what? They are playing d1 hockey - just mean their other sports?

Based on college rankings. US News, Forbes, WSJ.
Their endowment shows the ability to fund the program and/or raise additional funds if needed.
Yes, non-D1 for everything but hockey.

I know most fans don't care about these things but they are very relevant. And I would prefer playing BSU or Mankato over CC for a handful of reasons but there is a significant difference at an institution level Bemidji State and Colorado College.

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I believe Denver is also private.

Ugh. I knew that when I typed the other one as well.
Denver is another enigma. They want to do their own thing and will work with whoever makes it convenient and allowable for them, which is why they are still in the Summit. They didn't require them to alter their sports offerings like a few other conferences have requested.

• Upvote 2

It would be bad, very bad, for CC if the hockey players' claims of boosters causing heart issues came to fruition. The $750 million endowment would merely be the start of a settlement. 

That's the fear those who mandate need to understand and take heed of: If the unspeakable happens, someone will come to break you mercilessly. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Based on college rankings. US News, Forbes, WSJ.
Their endowment shows the ability to fund the program and/or raise additional funds if needed.
Yes, non-D1 for everything but hockey.

I know most fans don't care about these things but they are very relevant. And I would prefer playing BSU or Mankato over CC for a handful of reasons but there is a significant difference at an institution level Bemidji State and Colorado College.

Ugh. I knew that when I typed the other one as well.
Denver is another enigma. They want to do their own thing and will work with whoever makes it convenient and allowable for them, which is why they are still in the Summit. They didn't require them to alter their sports offerings like a few other conferences have requested.

And yet if you read letsgodu! They’re still not happy being in the Summit League. They think they are a cut above everyone else in that conference. I seem to recall they were never happy in the WAC either. So until they become full time members of a Power Five conference like the PAC 12, DU will always be restless. But I suppose this is for another discussion page. Just my thoughts on DU. 

4 hours ago, Godsmack said:

And yet if you read letsgodu! They’re still not happy being in the Summit League. They think they are a cut above everyone else in that conference. I seem to recall they were never happy in the WAC either. So until they become full time members of a Power Five conference like the PAC 12, DU will always be restless. But I suppose this is for another discussion page. Just my thoughts on DU. 

Honestly, it's not complete nonsense but they want to do their own thing and have their own offerings of sports instead of what some of the higher ranking conferences require (meaning adding a sport or two). Thus, they are in the Summit who let them do that. 

Said Fenton, "A national standard for competition protocols may be good in theory, but when talking about health and safety protocols, a lot of these decisions are being made at the local level by health professionals, which have the authority over health and well-being matters for our students. I understand people wanting to say that, but it's easier said than done."

Schafer noted that Cornell and other ECAC teams have played many games this year with a short roster.

"There's nothing the Committee can do. It's a loophole," said Schafer. "In the future it's something I guess we'll have to address. As a committee, we'll definitely talk about it. I'm sure we will. And commissioners I'm sure will talk about what happened too. No one wants this.

"It's bad optics for college hockey, bad optics for them. Maybe the decision was made without coaches knowing or not, but that's the confusing thing. Lots of teams play with short rosters. Right now, teams are playing with (short) guys in a game. It looks even worse when people aren't clarifying (what happened). I've been around college hockey long enough — we played a game (at St. Lawrence) where a lot of the team got food poisoning, we started the game with 14 guys — it's just what you do. So it's a real confusing thing."

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2022/01/03_Conversations-Continue-in.php

15 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I've seen that theme too. I've also seen some tweets from Omaha fans too with the same message. Yes, Denver's LAX team is elite, and they're not bad at soccer, but they suck at basketball. 

4 hours ago, Goon said:

I've seen that theme too. I've also seen some tweets from Omaha fans too with the same message. Yes, Denver's LAX team is elite, and they're not bad at soccer, but they suck at basketball. 

But DU’s football team is SEC caliber! Oh wait…

• Upvote 2