SiouxSports.com Forum

UND versus NDSU - 1st DIV I Conference Game 2020 Rona moved to 2021 @ Manure Pit - RIVALRY?

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

This comes down to NDSU have a bunch of 3rd and shorts, while UND having a bunch of 3rd and longs. Freund needs to make some quick adjustments. Kind of crazy that 2 plays are the difference in this game right now for bison scores, though you could say the same thing about weahs TD too

And ndsu dropped a touchdown. 

Football is a weird game at times. 

Just now, SiouxFan100 said:

Might have to take more crap from the su fans. Though personally I didn’t talk smack prior to the game cause until we beat them .........

Yeah that's why I mentioned whomever was railing on Izo....to wait until after Saturday before we start cocking off.  As usual we have our tail between our legs. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

That 4th and 1 where NDSU was stacked on the line, bad call.  The time we went for it on 4th and long, not running the ball on 3rd  down if you know you are going for it on 4th down, bad call.  

The positive is that Bubba seems to have a more aggressive approach than he did in the past.  Add Boltmann to the mix, and it adds another dimension for 4th down conversions.

Just now, tnt said:

The positive is that Bubba seems to have a more aggressive approach than he did in the past.  Add Boltmann to the mix, and it adds another dimension for 4th down conversions.

Not saying going for it on that first 4th down was bad, we should have gone for it.  But when seeing how they were lined up, should have changed the play call.  

• Upvote 1

Their OL and DL are still better than ours, and it's showing.  

They recruited talent on their OL so it’s not surprising they have finally figured it out, their DL was always good.

big question is why did they quit running the ball on their last 3 drives? They should be running their guy every down

Their OL and DL are still better than ours, and it's showing.  

While it isn’t the half we wanted, I wouldn’t have any aversion to playing the Bison again.  In fact, if we can get something on the opening drive in the second half, and get aggressive on defense, this thing isn’t over.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, tnt said:

While it isn’t the half we wanted, I wouldn’t have any aversion to playing the Bison again.  In fact, if we can get something on the opening drive in the second half, and get aggressive on defense, this thing isn’t over.

I agree.  Score in first drive and it’s a game.  Watson TD before half  hurt a bunch though.

I would imagine a lot of these guys also know that if they lose, they may not make the playoffs. That’s a lot of motivation for a program that just does not miss playoffs, and always dominates them. 

everyone said, this bison team still has talent. You don’t get bad overnight. That being said, there is plenty of game left. 3rd quarter is ours and we need to start it right.