SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT USD vs UND. 3/4/21

SiouxFan100

4 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Tommy hasn’t been sacked once all year, and we only have 5-6 penalties total on three games, that’s amazing. 

I sure don’t miss Kett’s 10 yard sacks. He did throw a pretty good deep ball though. 

Let’s see now if we can keep it rolling on the road. 

Yes Ketg could get sacks, some of that was OL play but some was Kett not throwing the ball away.  I do remember Kett trying to throw the ball away and it was intercepted.  Then he started jawing with the UND fans.  Tommy is a better QB today than Kett was his senior year.

1 minute ago, forksandspoons said:

Tommy is a calm leader and will only get better. If he completed two more balls the comments on him would look completely different. He’s young with a high ceiling! 

I was hoping Vaughn would be the starter, purely because of size and strength, but Tommy has gotten the job done. I would still like to see a little more of what Quincy can do,  but Tommy is doing just fine and will only get better. Needs to make a few more of those throw, but for a young kid, he is VERY promising.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Yes, all three actually. If you can't see why he's the starting the QB and that his starting spot isn't even close to being in jeopardy, then that's on you.

I didn’t say he shouldn’t be the starter right now.  I said he can’t throw the ball downfield with velocity and accuracy.  The reason he is the starting qb is because he is smart enough to realize that.  Long term it will be a problem for a team with the potential to be historically great at UND.

Couple of miscues on offense (Weah fumble, Schuster interception), defense was stout (sacks were awesome), and we were able to put the game away in the 4th quarter with the Canady interception and 3rd down conversion.  We’re getting closer to that complete game. Now let’s rest up and get ready to be road warriors. 

I think Tommy would look a little better if maag was better at making adjustments to the ball.  He's great at catching a ball in stride but it seems like the ball needs to be right on the money for maag to get a reception.  He doesn't seem to have the catch radius of somebody like wanzak.  Maybe we should be targeting someone else for the big down field plays?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

I think Tommy would look a little better if maag was better at making adjustments to the ball.  He's great at catching a ball in stride but it seems like the ball needs to be right on the money for maag to get a reception.  He doesn't seem to have the catch radius of somebody like wanzak.  Maybe we should be targeting someone else for the big down field plays?

Good point.   

14 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I think it’s a bit better.  Much better halftime adjustments so far this season than previous seasons.

The halftime adjustments are among the biggest upgrade over previous years. O line is right up there too. Discipline has been exceptional. Our stock is sky rocketing. 

• Upvote 3