SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT USD vs UND. 3/4/21

SiouxFan100

Let’s get it on.

Another big game today. Today we prove we can be a consistent winner in the Valley.

Play hard and do your best. A silent word that all the players from both teams are free from injury today.

Go Hawks - jealous of those at the game. Any pictures would be appreciated.

• Upvote 1

From USD: USD left guard Mason Scheidegger did not compete in week one, but coach Bob Nielson said Tuesday that he has been cleared to play in this one.

USD didn't run the ball well against ISU, but their starting left guard is back, and he's a big boy at 6'5 330 compared to the backup Trevor Shohoney 6'5 290 (who must have played last week vs ISU).
Paired with a big starting center at 6'7 325 and a starting right guard at 6'5 330, it will be interesting to see if USD can get their running game going vs UND's smaller than avg D-line (which has been good against the run).

I think I read in the game notes that USD rushed for over 300 in 3 games last year.

I'm worried about the size difference along the line when it comes to the USD running game, and ya gotta think they get it going.