SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

Yes.  They took a massive jump from last year to this year.  With that said, the last two weeks have been dissapointing.  They could have beaten Western at home and NDSU in Fargo.  

The good news it that help is coming next year that will address some of the current deficiencies.  

The team looks tired and they are not playing well together right now we have gotten away from what was bringing success in that seven game streak. I don't know if what other teams are doing defensively or we have gotten away from inside outside game that was so effective before.  What i have noticed lately we have been bringing Leet or Lane to outside to clear out the middle to let Kacie drive and shoot but problem with that is were getting no rebounding or second chances out of this offense. This also brings a bigger defender to perimeter which hurts Manson getting good looks for a three. I Liked it better when we had two bigs down low screening for each other and being able to get position to get layup or good hook shot and if not usually kacie or manson had good chance at outside shot.

The second thing this team the girls that are starting have never played this many games previously and played as high minutes as they have this year. I have said it before we needed to be playing more girls and still do to help keep them fresh. Saturday games is prime example four starter played 32 plus minutes for the game and Leet and Danninger split basically playing time each with 22 and 21 minutes. Then rest of minutes went to Davis with 15 minutes and Hoskins with 3 minutes.  I know at this time teams are riding with their starters more minutes but i believe we have been doing this for sometime and i think its showing. I have been looking at other teams in the conference we on average have been playing our starters more minutes per game and there have been reasons because we have been in closer games but this something i think UND needs to look at in the future.

I too fear that this team could loose the opening round game with way we are playing now. If you asked me three weeks ago i would thought we had good chance winning opening round game and put good showing in semifinal round of the tournament. I guess we will see what happen's at the tournament but sure is improvement over not making the tournament like last year and should help in the recruiting process with improvement in this team.