SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

32 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Even though you are talking about minutes, this is an "apples & oranges" average comparison. 

SDSU has a winning margin of 15+ points per game including 10 wins by 20 points or more.  Everyone of their roster is going to get playing time under that scenario - especially if you are a talented freshman.

UND's average margin is -1.1 points per games with no wins of 20+ points (only one win of 20+ points).  That obviously means we are in close games and don't have the luxury of using our bench (which is thin in talent) nearly as much as SDSU.  Two of the four UND examples you used (Lane & Sieben) are walk-ons so they aren't likely to get as much time as others.  (I don't know if any of the SDSU freshmen are WO's.)  Our other two (Anderson & McCarthy) were not highly recruited.  They may turn into excellent players but they don't have more talent than the ladies who are getting the minutes.  I agree that both Anderson and McCarthy have looked good at times.  Anderson played more minutes earlier in the season and, I thought, played pretty well.  I am not sure why her minutes have dried up.

Apples and Oranges!

Thank you.  Much better.

I would agree points differential probably gives extra minutes of playing time for these girls. So i went through there box scores of games that were decided with 10 points or less for SDSU for the most part all four of these girls played in these games even when it was close. Now for the conference season there has been only one close game for them and that was South Dakota then it was Myer and Timmer who played. My point is coach Johnson is considered one of the best coaches in Summit in Women's basketball and I am pointing out one things i have noticed he does in his program. There are number of other things to be considered with my point is talent of Freshman he has recruited compared to ours etc. We will see next year like somebody said how things change with next year recruits and the improvement in the team.

Been said many times here but how does KB do it? How does she even get some of her shots off much less make some. Been a treat watching her play. 
 Yes, someone with talent close to her would really open things up.

I don’t know why we have many players that are so inconsistent. Certainly need to have better consistency with making shoots