SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Outscored by close to 40 from behind the arc.

This team isn't efficient enough in the half court to overcome that.

2 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

You aren't going to win a lot of game when you shoot 2-8 from 3 but your opponent went 15-31  

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This team needs a shooter or two

It may not be logical but having Senior day or in high school parents night i have seen where teams get upset so often. Second WSI would have been hard to beat today with the way they shot the basketball and some of it was defense but alot was not. There team percentage for year is 34% and to shoot nearly 50% is quite a bit over average and on top of that they made 7 more three's than their average. They also had 3 point shots from seven players and 6 had two or more 3 point shots so this was not couple of players but whole team shooting above average from 3 point land. Then you add in we did not have exceptional day of shooting and we missed alot of close shots or layups today.  The third thing Orth having poor day but with her under the weather with flu they reported and we don't know how many others may have been effected to with this and sure effected her shooting and time on the floor and not having her scoring was difference in the game.. Also the officiating today sure wasn't consistent and they made couple of calls i haven't seen called all season like the 5 second call on Lane . The officiating didn't help but it wasn't why we lost but it played into how the game was played. It was bad loss but they need put it past them and have now good road trip next week. WSI is streaky team and we happened to catch them where they put streak together for whole game.

In terms of this year.  UND can be anywhere from a 3 seed to a 6 seed in Sioux Falls.  

The next 3 road games are going to be tough ones, but if they can get back to playing a good 40 minutes, they can win all 3 of them.  KC will be the toughest one, ORU wants revenge from only scoring 34 points, and we all know that NDSU want to keep their winning streak against UND going. 

15 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So thinking about next year... With Orth and Daninger likely back.   UND only loses Leet off the team next year.

Then add Beal, Hurst, Roach, and Aumer.  Also get back Gordon off of injury.

There is reason to be excited.  

I hope this isnt a dumb question, but how do we lose one senior spot and add 4 freshman?   Who wont be on the team next year?   Some of the walk on's dont make the team?   

21 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

I hope this isnt a dumb question, but how do we lose one senior spot and add 4 freshman?   Who wont be on the team next year?   Some of the walk on's dont make the team?   

They do lose Wallace as well, so they would be replacing 2 senior spots.

I forget the COVID year stuff myself, so if anyone else wants to take this one. Go right ahead. 

I am not totally sure on this so i may not be totally accurate but the present team roster sits at sixteen players and i believe they have 14 scholarship players with one free scholarship left open. Erica Lane and Carlee Sieben are walk-on players so they don't take up roster scholarship positions. We had four seniors on the squad this year in Leet, Wallace, Orth, and Danniger all scholarship players. These scholarship players are scholarships they offered to the four new recruits coming in. Now if Orth and Danniger as it stands return now we would have one scholarship available for one of them and for other would have to be walk-on. We also don't know who is all returning for next year so there might be other changes also coming on scholarships but this won't be known till after the season. I have been looking and i found no rule on how many can be on the roster as walk-ons but there may be limit like there is on men's side in basketball. If i am wrong on this i will gladly be corrected but looking at information i have found this what i think is correct.