SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

40 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Calling you out for being content with a moral victory is a cheap shot? Yikes. 

The problem with your "fan" response is it misses the point he was making--the team is much better this year. And yes that is something to celebrate. Not only are they competing on the road, they're frequently winning on the road. So, a loss tonight is not good, but the fight in the team is good for the long view. They're much better and they're going to get even better than this, so there is much room for optimism. Yay for optimism. 

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Big Lubowski said:

The problem with your "fan" response is it misses the point he was making--the team is much better this year. And yes that is something to celebrate. Not only are they competing on the road, they're frequently winning on the road. So, a loss tonight is not good, but the fight in the team is good for the long view. They're much better and they're going to get even better than this, so there is much room for optimism. Yay for optimism. 

Having watched every single game this year, this team is much better than a team who should just have their effort applauded. The standards for this program need to rise and these ladies have earned enough respect for that to happen. Watching them lose a game tonight that they were in control of is not acceptable and claiming "well at least we're competing" is selling them short. 

These two losses really hurt because if UND is thinking of a potential postseason somewhere (WNIT, WBI) they needed to beat some of these teams to bolster their chances, espeically against KC.

Need to turn the momentum around.  Next two are very winnable but need to get back to playing well.  Need to get Orth, Manson, and Leet back going and give McCarthy a little more run to see what she brings to the table. 

Personally I don’t think we have an overlly talented team this year. I would say we have overachieved. We are on the right track it looks like. 

we have many inconsistent players with lack of depth. If asked early in the year I didn’t expect the success we have had this year.

I think I understand the bottom line type of thinking. In many ways it is reality and the way to go in sports and business.

A person (fan) can decide how to look at things - bottom line or try to appreciate progess

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Kacie with 24

Orth gave you zero tonight after 2 points vs WIU

Manson is the team's "shooter" but was an O-fer from 3 tonight.

Lane with a double double.....14 and 16

Inconsistent - the individuals can look awesome one game and then Why is she starting? Good players have some consistency.

we are not blessed this year with an overall size that is probably needed to compete for a conference championship.

I expected a few of the starters to be better more consistently this year. 

again, pleasantly surprised with the year and not disappointed with some loses because we just don’t have enough pieces

so yes, satisfying so far

15 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Having watched every single game this year, this team is much better than a team who should just have their effort applauded. The standards for this program need to rise and these ladies have earned enough respect for that to happen. Watching them lose a game tonight that they were in control of is not acceptable and claiming "well at least we're competing" is selling them short. 

Whatever. You're a glass half empty guy; some of us are glass half full guys. And I've always wondered what it means when a fan says that a loss is not acceptable. So if you don't accept the loss does that mean it didn't happen? Or that you're going to do something about it? (And if you are, what is that?)

Bitch all you want; that's what fan forums are for. But, criticizing others for seeing something positive in the program seems a little peevish. What did Oscar Wilde say? "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go."  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Big Lubowski said:

Whatever. You're a glass half empty guy; some of us are glass half full guys. And I've always wondered what it means when a fan says that a loss is not acceptable. So if you don't accept the loss does that mean it didn't happen? Or that you're going to do something about it? (And if you are, what is that?)

Bitch all you want; that's what fan forums are for. But, criticizing others for seeing something positive in the program seems a little peevish. What did Oscar Wilde say? "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go."  

Who did I criticize? Go ahead and reread what I wrote. I very clearly said that I think this team is way better than a "well at least they worked hard" team. If that makes me a glass half empty person, then yikes.

I thought last night the game got away from us and i don't know why it did but it did. I think our women put too much pressure on themselves and everyone was trying to do too much. This has been building for some time with Leet with calls she hasn't like on defense and i hope this has gotten it out of her system. I have noticed the referee calls and way the games have been called are different when we get to WSI and KC both in women's and men's game lately i don't know but i guess it from different set of referees that are being used. The bottom line is we got to adapt figure how to play with the calls. The other thing why have Mccarthy and Anderson not seen a little more playing time in the conference schedule. Mccarthy showed last night she can play spot roll to help keep our front line people rested and giving us more depth on the front line.  This i what i have noticed about SDSU they do play their talented freshman more than we do getting them experience and getting to know what they need to work on to gain playing time. This also cuts down fatigue and injuries to our starters durning long season. I was encouraged by Mccarthy play last night and future for us now this season and next season. I hope with our new recruits coming in they don't have sit on bench a year before we will consider playing them because if were going to make a run next year were going need to our present core of players to make run at conference championship.

23 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Calling you out for being content with a moral victory is a cheap shot? Yikes. 

What’s the purpose in “calling a person out” for simply pointing out something they think is positive. Turning our athletic teams and for that matter is a process. WBB has made big strides this year. We aren’t there yet.