SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #5-Denver......for the 5th....and 6th time.......

Wilbur

39 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Good teams find ways to win when they aren't at their best and that is what UND did this weekend. Especially in the 1st tonight I thought we just didn't look sharp at all. Beat to too many pucks, not connecting on passes, giveaways, indecisiveness, and blind passes for turnovers. It did get a little better as the game went on but still nowhere near what this team is capable of. Powerplay really looked off, just no rhythm at all and a half second slow with everything. Thome looked a little shaky at times like the 1st goal but stepping in to a tough situation he got the job done.

Thome seemed to settle in more as the game went on.  He seemed to be getting into his zone where he doesn't use alot of extra movement and use his size to his advantage.  A lot of pressure when you're backing up scheel who is arguably the top goalie in the country.

1 minute ago, tnt said:

If we won both games in o.t., that would put us at 48 points.  If Duluth and St.Cloud still play CC, St.Cloud could get to 49 points, and Duluth 48.

We just need to focus on ourselves and let’s see where things shake out. I have confidence the boys will claim at least a share of the Penna Rosa. 

1 minute ago, crb1 said:

We just need to focus on ourselves and let’s see where things shake out. I have confidence the boys will claim at least a share of the Penna Rosa. 

Exactly, let’s take care of home ice next weekend and not leave it to the final weekend like last year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crb1 said:

DU is a darn good team and even though they will most likely have to win the NCHC tourney, any team that draws them in a one and done better take note. 

I don't see DU running the table at the NCHC tournament.  I think their D corps is suspect, Chrona has been average at best which means they will have to out score teams and the NCHC is too good a league to do that 3 games in a row.  In other words bye bye Denver.

22 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I don't see DU running the table at the NCHC tournament.  I think their D corps is suspect, Chrona has been average at best which means they will have to out score teams and the NCHC is too good a league to do that 3 games in a row.  In other words bye bye Denver.

They should have 4 games against CC

15 minutes ago, cberkas said:

They should have 4 games against CC

CC has Cruikshank back and usually plays Denver pretty tough.  Denver is going to have to pull it together because if the season were to end today they would face Duluth in the first round of the NCHC tourney.  These next 4 games against CC for Denver are going to be huge as far as seating for the tourney.

Over on letsgodu they have links to the David Carle post game interviews and in the Friday interview a reporter asked why Hank Crone wasn’t on the trip. DC said he appreciated the question but was going to leave that internally within the team and the player. He’s been playing good hockey so I thought it was odd too that he didn’t make the trip. 

13 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Over on letsgodu they have links to the David Carle post game interviews and in the Friday interview a reporter asked why Hank Crone wasn’t on the trip. DC said he appreciated the question but was going to leave that internally within the team and the player. He’s been playing good hockey so I thought it was odd too that he didn’t make the trip. 

What??  No links to posts on siouxsports?

That lady or guy is losing it.  

56 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Scheel not dressing last night may sway the league to give some supplemental discipline to Olischefski (sp).

How sweet it will be to see multiple NCHC foes have their season end at the Ralph. Denver, CC, and hopefully one of Omaha/Clown/Duluth. Western and Miami aren't as big of rivals but they will likely end there too.

They already did - he was suspended from last night's game.

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Scheel not dressing last night may sway the league to give some supplemental discipline to Olischefski (sp).

How sweet it will be to see multiple NCHC foes have their season end at the Ralph. Denver, CC, and hopefully one of Omaha/Clown/Duluth. Western and Miami aren't as big of rivals but they will likely end there too.

League officials need to sit this dude for 2 or 3 games. That was a gutless cheap shot, delivered to cause injury. If the Sioux face DU again in the playoffs he should have a target on his back.

44 minutes ago, ND_Texan said:

League officials need to sit this dude for 2 or 3 games. That was a gutless cheap shot, delivered to cause injury. If the Sioux face DU again in the playoffs he should have a target on his back.

DU may consider this payback for Mismash running Chrona.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ND_Texan said:

The playoffs is no time to be taking revenge hits.  

• Upvote 2