SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

They think of "uniform" as a noun.
I'd like some respect given to its adjective meaning also: remaining the same in all cases and at all times; unchanging in form or character. 

Can we get to a uniform look from a team?
If I flip on a game and can't tell who is playing by the uniform uniforms they use, I may flip to Iron Chef. Bobby Flay is always in the black chef's coat ...

Today's secret ingredient ... SQUID!!!

The Athletic department has done a great job at making a standard look for it's athletic teams.  Tthe "North Dakota" script is unique to UND and is deffinitely recognizable.

HOCKEY.jpg

MBB.jpg

WBB.jpg

VB.jpg

XC.jpg

52 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Tha being said.......I would like to see that same script to not just display "North Dakota" but also "Fighting Hawks" as well

HawksSoftball.jpg

hawks.jpg

The general rule of thumb back in the day was school nickname on the home whites and town/city/state on the road jerseys.  

I’m just cringing at the possibility of a new “City Connect” jersey with “THE FORKS” on it.  Meanwhile, my kids’ reaction:  “THOSE JERSEYS ARE FIRE!”

That font became the official font of UND Athletics when the Collegiate Licensing cut sheet with the Fighting Hawks logo came out. 

Note the N and D are the same font as what is behind the white raptor. 

logo2.jpg

Oh crap ... now @MafiaManwill want City Connect "White Raptors" jerseys ... or not. 

19 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

The general rule of thumb back in the day was school nickname on the home whites and town/city/state on the road jerseys.  

I’m just cringing at the possibility of a new “City Connect” jersey with “THE FORKS” on it.  Meanwhile, my kids’ reaction:  “THOSE JERSEYS ARE FIRE!”

Even better....Los Forks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If UND is gonna stick with the NODAK name and continue to use it, they need to drop the diagonal crap on all of the merchandise.  Looks absolutely terrible if it isn't on a hockey jersey.  Develop a legit script logo for it like Pitt has and go with it.  Can still be the Fighting Hawks, just as Pitt is the Panthers.  Would potentially help people move on.  As it is, UND is selling a bunch of crap Nodak merch and it just feels like an afterthought.  Do it right, and mix it in on other jerseys as an alternate.  

pitt panthers basketball jersey for Sale OFF 77%

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

If UND is gonna stick with the NODAK name and continue to use it, they need to drop the diagonal crap on all of the merchandise.  Looks absolutely terrible if it isn't on a hockey jersey.  Develop a legit script logo for it like Pitt has and go with it.  Can still be the Fighting Hawks, just as Pitt is the Panthers.  Would potentially help people move on.  As it is, UND is selling a bunch of crap Nodak merch and it just feels like an afterthought.  Do it right, and mix it in on other jerseys as an alternate.  

I feel like we have seen the end of NODAK, sweaters never seen the ice after the trademark scandal

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

Even better....Los Forks.

25 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

How about Forkin' H?

"The Forks" is dripping with catchphrase possibilities, like whenever one of our players steals the puck, the crows yells, "Fork it over!" Or, if the ref makes a bad call, everyone screams, "Fork you!" Or, as the seconds wind down on another win, the crowd chants, "Stick a fork in it, baby!" All while donning "The Forks" alternate jerseys. EVERYONE's gonna want one or three!!

So let's collectively trademark "The Forks" and donate the merchandise proceeds to the SS.com NIL collective.

On 3/21/2023 at 6:28 PM, MafiaMan said:

Have you watched them ruin MLB with their “City Connect” softball uniforms?

I'm a big Nike guy and they do a lot of really good NFL, NBA, MLB, and College unis but yes a couple of the city connects like the Padres and Rockies I hate and some of the NBA city ones are pretty bad as well, I can't stand the Timberwolves current sets they'd be so much better if they went back to their 90's style with a lighter blue and that green.

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I'm a big Nike guy and they do a lot of really good NFL, NBA, MLB, and College unis but yes a couple of the city connects like the Padres and Rockies I hate and some of the NBA city ones are pretty bad as well, I can't stand the Timberwolves current sets they'd be so much better if they went back to their 90's style with a lighter blue and that green.

I'm fearful that they will screw up what could be one of the best one with the Bronx Bombers. 

3 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Hi, we’re the Boston Bruins.  No, wait, the UCLA Red Sox.  THIS.  IS.  AN.  ABOMINATION.  

90D64178-D4FC-40F7-9F37-C24815D1BFE2.jpeg

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, nodak651 said:

I’d jump on this train. Us Iowa fans love these. Good cursive script can go a long way when done right. But I like what they’re doing now too on jerseys. 

0D2942EE-9F75-47E7-A8AF-2F002F7B7A58.jpeg

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

When you know the "why" behind the yellow and baby blue it's acceptable. (Boston baseball colors up to like 1907.) 

WHATEVER!  Everyone knows that every single sports team’s colors in the early 1900’s were black and white.

• Like 1